Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
298 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
292 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
253 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
186 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
186 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
172 days ago

dp: dude
153 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
108 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
93 days ago

GDW: showman
44 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Announcement for Surf Guitar 101 festival, July 26-28, 2024

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Feat 4 pacific north west bands in. The Taboo Tiki Room.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

Feat 4 pacific north west bands in. The Taboo Tiki Room.

Stoked for all four of these bands!!

Matthew
Purchasae Colorado Instrumental Fanzine Issue 2

Colorado Instrumental Fanzine Instagram
Colorado Instrumental Fanzine FB Friends
Colorado Instrumental Fanzine FB Page
Email: Matthew_e_clark_6@hotmail.com

Insect Surfers are "Planet Earth s Longest Running Modern Surf Band"! Founder David Arnson has been steering his instrumentalsounds via punk, psychedelia, spaghetti western and Middle Eastern sounds since 1979. Pioneering a dual lead guitar style, Insect Surfers remain a vital force into their fourth decade!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Jul 08, 2024 14:18:24

I finally booked my flight and hotel because I'm lazy

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

I hope it doesn’t cost too much more because of the delay.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I was expecting worse!

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

From the second page,
This needs reposting

JONPAUL wrote:

I'm extremely excited and proud to once again be involved with and participate in The Surf Guitar 101 Festival! Who knew that a tiny little gathering at a sports bar in Hermosa Beach 15 years ago would turn into one of the most important festivals of its kind in the world!

Much respect and kudos to everyone involved behind the scenes that make an event like this possible! It's only as good as each individual makes it by sharing their unique talents and skills!

Obviously first and foremost, the BIG TIKI DUDE himself Jeff Hanson, equipment expert and content consultant Ran Mosessco, event producers Christopher Burkhart/Stellar Shows and Art Bourasseau/MuSick Recordings, poster artist BigToe AKA Tom Laura, flyer co-designer and print facilitator Jason Weckerly/Kustom Deluxe, food provider Robert Molina of Roxanne's, Long Beach, and all of the bands, many of whom graciously and humbly agree to be involved at great expense and effort!

Here's to the best year yet and continued success and growth to the entire organization! Cheers Worship

Now BOOK YOUR TICKETS AND HOTEL before it sells out!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Jul 09, 2024 19:04:02

Jeff, I won't publicly go off on Roxanne's. I sent you a DM on FB.

Bob

The Boss Martians - one of the wildest and most important surf bands from the 90s Third Wave - are back!  They will blow the roof off at SG101 this year on Sunday July 28th and you do not want to miss it.  The Martians - led by brothers Evan and Erik Foster - will be presenting songs from their upcoming new release ‘Venus & The Western Sky’ - their first surf record since 2001 as well as classic songs from their stellar back catalog!  And not only that, the band will be selling the new record on both vinyl and CD at their merch table —

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hope you have insurance for blowing the roof off, —

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Hello, friends!

I'm hoping to interview The WHYs during the weekend. Ideally, we will do this in person. However, for that to happen, we will need an interpreter.

Before I Google search, "Japanese translator in Long Beach," does anyone know of someone bilingual that would be available?

If you do, please have them contact me. It will take about an hour and compensation is available.

Thanks and see you all at the show!

Matthew

Surfniks - I'll have a spread of my Alameda guitars, pickups and pedals at the Festival, and I'm doing a special 10% discount on all guitars, pickups and pedals. Looking forward to seeing you all there! Mel

stepintolife wrote:

Hello, friends!

I'm hoping to interview The WHYs during the weekend. Ideally, we will do this in person. However, for that to happen, we will need an interpreter.

Before I Google search, "Japanese translator in Long Beach," does anyone know of someone bilingual that would be available?

If you do, please have them contact me. It will take about an hour and compensation is available.

Thanks and see you all at the show!

Mitsuru from Japan will be there

Jeff(bigtikidude)

MelWaldorf wrote:

Surfniks - I'll have a spread of my Alameda guitars, pickups and pedals at the Festival, and I'm doing a special 10% discount on all guitars, pickups and pedals. Looking forward to seeing you all there! Mel

cool Mel. Thanks for posting

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Spotify for the bands

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6mfxdszjimQpKsWoIdOx5j?si=aae6cd740a4b4a34&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR0K6B9oSzrwVBmSXX9K5Yhgl7kc-UdjFJY5XjxCiO3YKu1jAG_Opdl2cKs_aem_03pFCrbbDnBYmIz2HgRzfA&nd=1&dlsi=097761b6e90945ea

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

Mitsuru from Japan will be there

I asked him and he said that he, like most, can read English but speaking it is more difficult.

However, Dylan from Desert Undertones found a solution. He asked his wife, who is Japanese if she would translate. Thankfully, she was willing to help us out.

Matthew

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Awesome! A big thanks to Ryan for the support!!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-
The Seatopians on bandcamp

Does anyone know the deal with parking at the Golden Sails? The web site says parking is complimentary for hotel guests, but I'm staying off site and just wondering how easy parking is. If it's a pain, I may opt for Uber over renting a car.

mb

mbennet wrote:

Does anyone know the deal with parking at the Golden Sails? The web site says parking is complimentary for hotel guests, but I'm staying off site and just wondering how easy parking is. If it's a pain, I may opt for Uber over renting a car.

mb

Same situation! I've been wondering if I should get a cab/rideshare or drive each day.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next