Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
298 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
292 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
253 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
186 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
186 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
172 days ago

dp: dude
153 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
108 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
92 days ago

GDW: showman
44 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink more laughs, this time at Slowhand's expense...

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Too funny....

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=nCzUMjCykn8

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

That is so unfair to Mr. Clapton. Whoever did this did a fantastic job.

I love some of Clapton's work and I am not afraid to admit. His songwriting is gorgeous and he did some great work layering guitar and could write a good counterpoint.

Tied for my second favorite album of all-time is Tsar Wars and Derek and the Dominos(Clapton)'s Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs.

Love the saxaphone!

whoa...!!! what tha....??!?

LMAO

Sound of the Surf, the movie
Facebook SOTS

Ahhh .... Thankyou Ivan - that's probably the best laugh I've had this year.
Brilliant.

http://www.myspace.com/thepashuns

Youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

All of those in the shred series are funny- the EVH one in particular. Thanks Ivan!
--fd

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

LMAO

Danny Snyder

"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

Playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Formerly a guitarist in The TomorrowMen and Meshugga Beach Party

Latest surf project - Now That's What I Call SURF

LMAO The sax was a nice touch.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

PolloGuitar
All of those in the shred series are funny- the EVH one in particular. Thanks Ivan!
--fd

LOL..the EVH one is freakin' hilarious...I love the smattering of applause in the awkward pauses. Eddie busting into a bad Iron Man was brilliant.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Too funny...LMAO ROTFL

CUTBACK

I feel sick in my stomach...hilarious

Jeez.... you sport a successful neck beard for nearly 30 years, and this is how they re-pay you.

Pretty friggin hilarious.
~B~

Brian

PolloGuitar
All of those in the shred series are funny- the EVH one in particular... Eddie busting into a bad Iron Man was brilliant.

No kidding. I think Clapton one's my favorite, though, just because his severe case of Guitar Face is just as ridiculous and hysterical as the overdub.

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

My version of hell....

Mix all those Shred videos together, crank up the
volume, close your eyes, and pretend you're at
Guitar Center. How do those people work there?

Laughing

Bob

Bob

RobbieReverb
My version of hell....

Mix all those Shred videos together, crank up the
volume, close your eyes, and pretend you're at
Guitar Center. How do those people work there?

Laughing

Bob

Now that's funny, Bob! LMAO My reaction was about like when I clicked Brian's link, in his "Need a laugh? Need to vomit?" post. I tried to watch a couple of the other shreds, but...well...like I said, tried.

Matt

Fast Cars & Loud Guitars!

JakeDobner
That is so unfair to Mr. Clapton. Whoever did this did a fantastic job.

I love some of Clapton's work and I am not afraid to admit. His songwriting is gorgeous and he did some great work layering guitar and could write a good counterpoint.

Tied for my second favorite album of all-time is Tsar Wars and Derek and the Dominos(Clapton)'s Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs.

Clapton has gotta be the king of the wankers and king of the I'm about to blow a load look face makers. I thought some of that Layla stuff was alright when I was a kid, then I heard the original Freddie King stuff. Same goes for the Bluesbreakers stuff, all the original Otis Rush, and Freddie King stuff is tops.

"as he stepped into the stealthy night air... little did he know the fire escape was not there"

https://www.facebook.com/reluctantaquanauts/
https://www.facebook.com/TheDragstripVipers/

BillAqua
Clapton has gotta be the king of the wankers and king of the I'm about to blow a load look face makers. I thought some of that Layla stuff was alright when I was a kid, then I heard the original Freddie King stuff. Same goes for the Bluesbreakers stuff, all the original Otis Rush, and Freddie King stuff is tops.

Yeah the first time I heard Albert King 'crosscut saw' I couldnt believe EC ripped that solo note for note. (strange brew) But then again Albert King also used his own solo note for note in other songs so maybe its OK for EC to do it. I dunno though thats kind of suspect either way. Its one thing to borrow a riff or even an entire song but to lift the solo too is wack. Its not like EC cant solo so whats the deal with that?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007 21:02:11

IronMaiden

BillAqua

Yeah the first time I heard Albert Collins 'crosscut saw' I couldnt believe EC ripped that solo note for note. (strange brew) But then again Albert Collins also used his own solo note for note in other songs so maybe its OK for EC to do it. I dunno though thats kind of suspect either way. Its one thing to borrow a riff or even an entire song but to lift the solo too is wack. Its not like EC cant solo so whats the deal with that?

How about his solo in "Sunshine of Your Love"? Blue Moon... I saw you standing alone....

"as he stepped into the stealthy night air... little did he know the fire escape was not there"

https://www.facebook.com/reluctantaquanauts/
https://www.facebook.com/TheDragstripVipers/

BillAqua

IronMaiden

BillAqua

Yeah the first time I heard Albert Collins 'crosscut saw' I couldnt believe EC ripped that solo note for note. (strange brew) But then again Albert Collins also used his own solo note for note in other songs so maybe its OK for EC to do it. I dunno though thats kind of suspect either way. Its one thing to borrow a riff or even an entire song but to lift the solo too is wack. Its not like EC cant solo so whats the deal with that?

How about his solo in "Sunshine of Your Love"? Blue Moon... I saw you standing alone....

oops I meant Albert King not Collins

Im sure he does it out of respect cuz that dude loves those blues guys, but yeah he 'borrowed' more then Page or Beck or anyone else I think. Its almost as if say 'Stairway to Heaven' solo was note for note someone elses, that just wouldnt be right.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next