Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
298 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
292 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
253 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
186 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
186 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
172 days ago

dp: dude
153 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
108 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
92 days ago

GDW: showman
44 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Meeting Dalibor of the Bambi Molesters

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Hi all:

I just got back from a two-week vacation in Croatia, my first time back since my family moved to the USA in 1984. It was an amazing trip, and I highly recommend a visit to Croatia to all. It's an astonishingly beautiful country.

While there, I had a chance to finally meet Dalibor Pavicic, the lead guitarist of the Bambi Molesters, in person. We had lunch twice, and he turned out to be a great guy (which I fully expected, having corresponded with him over email for some ten years). Here's a photo from one of our lunches:

This photo was taken the day after Dalibor became a father for the first time! His son was born on July 22nd, and his name is Viktor - named after, what else, Dick Dale's "The Victor"! (Actually, that last bit isn't true, I don't think, but it makes for a nice story.... :))

The good news for surf fans is that Dalibor is working on the new songs for the next Bambis album, which hopefully will be coming out sometime next year. Dalibor said Lada and Hrvoje are also expecting a child soon, so once the baby boom within the band subsides, let's hope we'll be getting more of that incredible music by the great Bambi Molesters!

Ivan

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Was wondering what happened to you.
Thats really cool of you sharing your meeting with us. I bet it was sweet. I guess if the guitars would have come out we might not have heard back from you as soon lol. That, or the wife and family would have had to spend some time without Dad Wink

Looking foward to another one from The Bambi Molesters! Its the one band that is 'forever smooth' surf music in my ear.
I bet babies will make it even better Smile

Welcome home Ivan and Co!

That's so cool Ivan, thanks for posting that. Did you happen to ask if Dalibor knows about our humble forum?

Danny Snyder

"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

Playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Formerly a guitarist in The TomorrowMen and Meshugga Beach Party

Latest surf project - Now That's What I Call SURF

Very, very cool. Welcome back Ivan and congrats to Dalibor on the birth of his son! We definitely need to hear some more Bambi Molesters, what a great band! So did you two guys write any songs or record any EP's while you were together? Smile Smile Smile

Dalibor, I believe, is a member of this fine forum, and I'd be glad to reset his password if he lost it. ;)

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Congratulations to Lada and Hrvoje and Dalibor on their little Molesters.

Glad you had a great trip Ivan. I've always wondered how to pronounce Hrvoje. Did you find your Hrvatski is still good?

So many questions! Let's see....

Chopper, yeah, it was best that the guitars remained put away! Especially since there was a 1-day-old baby waiting for his daddy!

As Brian said, Dalibor definitely knows about the forum, but he's just not the type to spend much time in places like this. He's simply not interested.

Brian, as far as co-writing, recording, etc., who knows what the future holds...

Jake, Hrvoje is pronounced hr-vo-ye. The <hr> sound is a bit tricky for many Americans, but it's the same sound that is in the Croatian words for Croatia and Croatian: Hrvatska, Hrvatski. Turns out my Hrvatski was a lot better than I thought it would be! My vocabulary was lacking, but I remembered a lot in the two weeks. I was starting to feel a lot more comfortable speaking it by the end of the trip, and it felt really good. The one discouraging thing was that everybody was telling me I have an American accent! ARRRRGGGHHHHH! I'm a man without a country....

thanks for the nice words and the welcome, guys.

Ivan

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

That's good news about the Bambi Molesters. I don't really know them except by reputation and the recent mentions around here and also the Strange. I spent some time on their website yesterday, and it didn't look up to date, so I thought that maybe they (BM) had quit to become this new band with a vocalist. Anyway, I almost posted a question on this, but I think I have it straight now.

Of course then there's my question about the connection between the Raveonettes and the Tremolo Beer Gut, but that's another thread . .

Welcome home.

IvanP
as far as co-writing, recording, etc., who knows what the future holds...

Shocked

Oh, man ... even thinking about that is too much. Glad you had a good trip and made it back safely.

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

websurfer
That's good news about the Bambi Molesters. I don't really know them except by reputation and the recent mentions around here and also the Strange. I spent some time on their website yesterday, and it didn't look up to date, so I thought that maybe they (BM) had quit to become this new band with a vocalist. Anyway, I almost posted a question on this, but I think I have it straight now.

Of course then there's my question about the connection between the Raveonettes and the Tremolo Beer Gut, but that's another thread . .

Welcome home.

I can answer any question on the Raveonettes and Tremolo Beer Gut connection. Raveonettes are one of my favorite bands ever.

Just a quick hello to Ivan and all of you between two breastfeedings (we call him Victor "the Mothersucker"):D
I was really glad to meet Ivan and his wife. Too bad we didn't have more time because of our busy schedules. As for possible cooperation, I'm sure that we'll see some of it in near future. Over and out (time for changing diapers...which is nothing like changing tubes in Fender amp Rolling Eyes )

Dalibor

I would hope a diaper changing is nothing like a tube swap.

Hi Dalibor,

Good luck with the youngster. Hopefully you can post more than once a year. Smile I look forward to the next Bambi Molesters CD. All the best,

BN

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Thanks for posting this great story, Ivan. What a thrill it must've
been for you to meet Dalibor, and for him to meet you! Sounds
like a great trip. Welcome home!

Bob

Bob

Dalibor
Just a quick hello to Ivan and all of you between two breastfeedings (we call him Victor "the Mothersucker"):D

Laughing
Great so see you here, Dalibor! Hello to you, too. (Do you spell your son's name Victor or Viktor?)

I was really glad to meet Ivan and his wife.

It was entirely mutual!

Over and out (time for changing diapers...which is nothing like changing tubes in Fender amp Rolling Eyes )

I have visions of Dalibor, barely conscious at 4 am, inserting a spare tube, pins first, into the kid! <shudder> Careful, there, my friend! (Though it might do the job... Hmmmm.... :))

Thanks again to all for the welcome back. Robbie, it was indeed a thrill, and I hope we'll get to do it again. Websurfer, I'll let Dalibor add however much he wants, but I believe the Strange is no more.

And I also hope that Dalibor can contribute more than once a year!
Ivan

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Welcome back Ivan,
cool news thanks for posting, as the Bambi Molestors are in my top 10 surf bands. and I too was wondering what had happened to them.

Congrats on the little one Dalibor.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

websurfer

Welcome home.

The Strange, which was our band with vocalist (Chris Eckman from The Walkabouts) is probably no more. The reason is that we all have busy schedules so keeping two bands at this point would be impossible. Anyway, I'm really pleased with that "Nights of Forgotten Films" album we did together. Probably not for surf purists but still worth checking out..
As for new Bambi Molesters album I think we'll start rehearsals in October and later next year we might do something worth releasing. There is this problem with touring schedules once we'll have 2 babies and one older boy with the band but I hope we'll manage this somehow. Of course touring US at that time looks to me like pure science fiction (anyone interested in babysitting? Wink )

Dalibor
. Of course touring US at that time looks to me like pure science fiction (anyone interested in babysitting? Wink )

Crying

Danny Snyder

"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

Playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Formerly a guitarist in The TomorrowMen and Meshugga Beach Party

Latest surf project - Now That's What I Call SURF

Dalibor
Over and out (time for changing diapers...which is nothing like changing tubes in Fender amp Rolling Eyes )

Congratulations, Dalibor! I'm looking forward to any new developments in the musical line, too, of course!

Since kids don't come with manuals, unlike amps ... My experience is all with girls, but I've been told with boys it's a good idea to keep a flap of something over the aparatus at all times. Otherwise it's pretty smooth sailing until they're weaned and stop shitting yellow. Read: the stuff starts smelling and sticking.

Believe me, the next few years are great. Not that the later years aren't nice, too, but you'll look back on these with pleasure later as the complexities mount. Or maybe I was spoiled by good luck.

DannySnyder

Dalibor
. Of course touring US at that time looks to me like pure science fiction (anyone interested in babysitting? Wink )

Crying

But then, how about holiday in Croatia? It's not that impossible. Ask Ivan for details ...

Tuck

Dalibor

Congratulations, Dalibor! I'm looking forward to any new developments in the musical line, too, of course!

Since kids don't come with manuals, unlike amps ... My experience is all with girls, but I've been told with boys it's a good idea to keep a flap of something over the aparatus at all times. Otherwise it's pretty smooth sailing until they're weaned and stop shitting yellow. Read: the stuff starts smelling and sticking.

Believe me, the next few years are great. Not that the later years aren't nice, too, but you'll look back on these with pleasure later as the complexities mount. Or maybe I was spoiled by good luck.

Thanks for the tip Very Happy
Actually, everything is cool but priorities changed a little bit ...

Goto Page: 1 2 Next