Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
278 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
272 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
233 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
166 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
166 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
152 days ago

dp: dude
133 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
88 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
72 days ago

GDW: showman
24 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The Madeira::The Secret Samurai::El Ray::08.10.12::San Diego

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

I'm there....my friend Brian will too and maybe our wives.
Can't pass this up ....

Ruhar wrote:

LHR wrote:

My wife, Christine, will be there. It is her birthday and she was looking for something fun to do that night in SD so I tipped her off to the show. Be sure to wish her a happy one for me.

Very cool Trey!

And, of course, break legs, guys!

SSIV

The Madeira have arrived in San Diego! Though maybe a bit worse for the wear.... (at least me). It's been a long day. We did get to make a brief pit stop at BTD's BBQ party at his pad in Anaheim, where there were all sorts of great people! Anyway, looking forward to seeing everybody tonight!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Awesome show!

The Scimitars

Wow, what a fantastic night!! El Ray put on an incredibly infectious display of talent, humor, wit, and awesomeness! They are such an entertaining live band and they are all top-notch players. We tried to hold our own and the Madeira, playing cleanup, played a jaw-dropping great set! We were so lucky to be a part of such a special group of sincere musicians.

Thanks so much to everybody that came to the show. Very special thanks to those of you who traveled to make the show and braved the sometimes daunting south bound trek into San Diego on a Friday. You made it a really special night for all the bands. It was so great to meet some new people face to face for the first time.

We have really enjoyed hosting these pre-sg101 convention shows over the past five years, but last night's show was something really special that I'll remember for a very long time!!

Looking forward to seeing everybody again today at the convention!

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012 09:05:08

That was just crazy good.....outstanding bands for (again) 5 bucks..thanks.

Wow. All three bands really rocked! Way to go all and thanks for a great show.

SSS Agent #178

A video of us from this show just popped up on YouTube (by Darrin Kruger)...

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Here's also El Ray doing The Spider at this show!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Damn, that Spider performance above was AWESOME!!! That was SUCH a great show! Here's one more from the same show, taken also by Darren Kruger: El Ray doing Casbah. Rocking! Thanks so much, Darren (assuming you're on SG101)!!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

I can't get enough of that Spider video! Check out the harmony double-picking lead guitars starting at 1:39 - Maiden!!! And check out Jesper throwing quick devil horns with his left hand at 1:44 and 1:54 - yeah, he knows what's up! Twisted Evil

Finally, now we all know that the national animal of Denmark is a SPIDER! Who knew??!!?

Very Happy LOVE IT! Especially the singalong. Pure genius...

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

I'm with you, Ivan. I think I've watched this video 10 times now. It rocks so much.

Plus I love getting "Laaa laaa, la la laaaaa laaaaaa laaaaaaaa" stuck in my head Big Razz

IvanP wrote:

I can't get enough of that Spider video! Check out the harmony double-picking lead guitars starting at 1:39 - Maiden!!! And check out Jesper throwing quick devil horns with his left hand at 1:44 and 1:54 - yeah, he knows what's up! Twisted Evil

Finally, now we all know that the national animal of Denmark is a SPIDER! Who knew??!!?

Very Happy LOVE IT! Especially the singalong. Pure genius...

Headbang Rock

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Wow, just freaking wow.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Unfortunately, I don't think I met Darren, but man I owe him a big ol Tank You! More great video from the convention weekend.

There were more amazing performances than you could shake a stick at that weekend, and some amazing sound from Matt's back line that supported the weekend, but I gotta say, I think this night, this venu, Ryan's Vibroverb & Showman... I think it might have been the best sounding show of the weekend for the 4 El Ray sets I got to see. It was all dialed in just right. A really magical mix.

Clearly, the Secret Samurai sounded fantastic that night, and I still am in disbelief about how Ivan sounded. Not only amazingly good sound and playing, but I specifically remember he was easily loud enough to run with Patrick who was playing the Showman - no problem whatsoever. It was as if Ivan was playing the Showman. Just incredible.

Seeing these videos just gives me a blissful grin and a twinge of reverb rush in my tummy all over again. What a show. What a weekend!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Onslow_Beach wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't think I met Darren, but man I owe him a big ol Tank You!

Yes! I don't think I've met him, either, but thanks so much for the amazing videos!

There were more amazing performances than you could shake a stick at that weekend, and some amazing sound from Matt's back line that supported the weekend, but I gotta say, I think this night, this venu, Ryan's Vibroverb & Showman... I think it might have been the best sounding show of the weekend for the 4 El Ray sets I got to see. It was all dialed in just right. A really magical mix.

Agree Of the three El Ray shows I got to see, not only did this one have the best sound, but it was the most fun, too. Jesper was really ON with his crazy stories! Maybe because they had a bit more time than at the Convention and the pier....

Clearly, the Secret Samurai sounded fantastic that night, and I still am in disbelief about how Ivan sounded. Not only amazingly good sound and playing, but I specifically remember he was easily loud enough to run with Patrick who was playing the Showman - no problem whatsoever. It was as if Ivan was playing the Showman. Just incredible.

Yeah, I know what you mean, Fady. That's some amazing Vibroverb Ryan's got there. It blew me away. Maybe it's the speakers, Eminence Ragin' Cajuns - I'm planning on putting those same speakers in my VV at some point.

Seeing these videos just gives me a blissful grin and a twinge of reverb rush in my tummy all over again. What a show. What a weekend!

Thumbs Up Cheers

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Thanks everybody for the Vibroverb love! I was really glad that the backline turned out alright for all the bands, but I think the real secret to that night's success was Steve's bass rig Big Grin

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

Goto Page: Previous 1 2