Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
286 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
280 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
241 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
174 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
174 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
160 days ago

dp: dude
141 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
96 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
80 days ago

GDW: showman
31 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

33%

33%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink "new" Eminence speaker models

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Last week I replaced a pair of Eminence Lady Luck speakers with a set of Texas Heat speakers I picked up from Craigslist. I thought the Lady Luck speakers were a bit bright. The Texas Heat speakers definitely tamed the high-end a bit and also brought more low-end.

I am going to see how they mix with everyone else when the band gets together tomorrow.

Stacy

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it is relevant to me. Ivan, were you able to use the 12" Swamp Thing for both your Bandmaster and Showman? The reason I ask is because I can't decide between a Bandmaster or a Showman, so I figured I might as well get the cabinet and speaker ready for when I do make up my mind. Are the ohms not different in the two amps? Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale. EP Louder Than Life coming out soon!

Coming late to the party, but I have a couple of Red, White and Blues in my Supersonic 60 head's cab - they really add a touch of classic Fender tone to the clean channels. I also have a Texas Heat in my Blues Junior - which seems to be the speaker made for that amp.

I use a pair of Cannabis Rex Patriots with my Bandmaster and they sound fantastic.

I have an 8 inch voiced to sound like a 10 inch (it does) as well as two 12 inch Swamp Thang patriots (fora Supersonic 22 and a Mustang III) and I love 'em. They were designed for 7 string players but I use 'em for rockabilly and surf just fine. Lot's of headroom, handles lows wonderfully, projects AWESOME, nice strong clear highs (although in these particular speakers the highs probably don't qualify as sparkly,still I'm quite satisfied). Also handles my bass VI pretty well at volume. They have some sound samples on their sight which I can testify appear to be pretty accurate. Cheers

mj
bent playing for benter results
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017 11:38:59

Goto Page: Previous 1 2