Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink I can't stop listening to The Bambi Molesters

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

ok.. that pic make me sad inside....

I wanna play just like him when i grow up...

ProfCoyoteScience
i JUST started getting into them, actually due to all the love they get on this site. they really are a great band!

I'm a newly converted fan myself, also largely due to this site.
And I'm deeply indebted to all who may have had a part in that because they've become one of my current favorite bands.

"Sonic Bullets" was my first foray into their music and it's outstanding.
The new "As The Dark Wave Swells", though, takes things to a whole new level. The songs are so well written its almost cinematic.

There are also some excellent live cuts on The U-Toob that are definitely worth checking out. Like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwyvoxvDvlo&feature=related

Great stuff!

Mark

There are no wrong notes, just some questionable choices.

I think the songs from the new album that they did on that garaza show are done so much better live, more energy.. either way its great stuff though

I wanna play just like him when i grow up...

Icetech
I think the songs from the new album that they did on that garaza show are done so much better live, more energy.. either way its great stuff though

They are so very good live, they play pretty much what you hear on the record plus the live vibe factor.
Often Dalibor playing dead pan with the occasional empty spaces where Dinko fills in, Dalibor cocking one ear while he waits for Dinko's return fire.
The stereo effect is wonderful.

not trying to sound sexist.

But I love to watch Lada play bass,
soooo cool, and smoooth.
and it helps that is has a blonde neck on it.
Wink

Jeff(btd)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude

soooo cool, and smoooth.
Wink

Jeff(btd)

I'm still excited about seeing the Bambis so if i'm getting too gushy please someone tell me to shut up!

Jeff, on the night we saw the band, due to the lighting you couldn't help but noticed Lada, she really enjoys herself onstage.
She plays bass exceptionally well, sometimes smoothly, sometimes hammering and shaking the guitar violently.
Half the time she isn't even watching what she's doing, too busy checking her band mates or scanning the audience for any signs of fun.

Last edited: Mar 05, 2012 12:57:41

I was at the same show as crumble and they were really good. I was impressed by Dinko tbh - he was in a zone of his own most of the time, totally immersed in the music they were making.

Until those girls jumped on him.

http://thewaterboarders.bandcamp.com/

da-ron
I was at the same show as crumble and they were really good. I was impressed by Dinko tbh - he was in a zone of his own most of the time, totally immersed in the music they were making.

He seemed to cope pretty well with that, though Very Happy

Los Fantasticos

Ha ha! Very true - i don't think he missed a note!!

http://thewaterboarders.bandcamp.com/

da-ron

I think you might have missed seeing Lada's right foot assisting Dinko off the stage. Smile

bigtikidude

soooo cool, and smoooth.
Wink

Jeff(btd)

Kinda matches the fretboard you had tattooed on your pecker, does it?

Radio Free Bakersfield--60 Minutes of TWANG, CRUNCH, OOMPH.
http://radiofreebakersfield.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Free-Bakersfield/172410279636
http://www.sandiegojoe.com/rfb.htm

Nice one Whorehay...

Cuz of this thread I've made a shuffle playlist of them and an listening to it over and over.

Lastnight I was trying to play along with Intensity, holy cow how does he pick so fast!!!

"Maybe there aren't any surf bands; there's only surf music?" Tuck

I'm with ya Jeff. Lada is the main reason I picked up the bass. Thought about it for a long time, but the bass lines on Dumb Loud Hollow Twang and Dark Wave floored me and made me want to start playing them. I've learned Glider (really basic line), and started working on Into the Crimson Sunset. Lots going on there.

The whole band......what can be said? I don't think I've had a band floor me the way they did the first time I listened to ATDWS. (and how cool was it that they streamed the album online????) Soooooo much going on there.

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

....and I still want to hear the story about where the name came from!!!!!

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

Staredge

Ask Dalibor.
Alternatively, go to HangNine and follow the link to Interviews With The Stars, where you'll find an old interview Dalibor did for me.
Beware, though, since it's not as interesting a story as you might hope.

Los Fantasticos

The first time i heard the words Bambi Molesters i instantly thought of the Sex Pistols "Who Killed Bambi?".
I remember some "Who Killed Bambi?" adverts and news from the New Musical Express pre 1980.
So when i saw Backstage Pass DVD which mentioned Post-Punk, the Jam, Gang of Four and the New Musical Express i became intrigued.
Apparently Bambi was the name of a girl they knew.

djangodeadman

Staredge

Ask Dalibor.
Alternatively, go to HangNine and follow the link to Interviews With The Stars, where you'll find an old interview Dalibor did for me.

Thanks for the link John,
didn't know you had done that.

Love this quote:
"Latinia is much more different than original (maybe you can smell some Mermen influence)."
Wink

Jeff(btd)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Staredge

Will, from the horse's mouth:

Can you explain once and for all why you chose the name the Bambi Molesters? In retrospect, is it something you wish you could have changed? And do you think it has hurt you, or maybe actually helped you? (It’s definitely memorable!)

Dalibor: A long time ago, I had a friend who fell in love with a girl nicknamed Bambi (he gave her the nickname). One night, after a few beers, I was talking to Dinko about this friend and how he follows this girl around acting like an idiot, and Dinko called him a Bambi molester. As we both read the "Hate" comic at that time, this sounded like an appropriate name for the band. So, there were no animals involved. Smile There were moments when we really wanted to change the name, especially after the second album, but in the end we decided to stick with it. Some people like it, some don't.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

bigtikidude
Love this quote:
"Latinia is much more different than original (maybe you can smell some Mermen influence)."
Wink

Jeff, when I asked Dalibor about his favorite modern surf bands, this is what he said:

I like the Mermen. It’s funny, because when we started I kind of hated them because they were not trad enough.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

bigtikidude

djangodeadman

Staredge

Ask Dalibor.

Thanks for the link John,
didn't know you had done that.

Love this quote:
Wink

Jeff(btd)

As you can tell, if you've read it all, it's pretty old. I must get around to doing some newer interviews with the stars!

Los Fantasticos

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next