- Surf Music
Help us meet our monthly goal:
Surfin' Kitty X-mas 3 CD is HERE ...... just in time for your Christmas activities. They make the perfect stocking stuffer or work party gift. Don't wait ! This is the third year for this fundraiser and we have raised thousands of dollars that goes directly to the cause. Sales have already been brisk so THANK YOU to those that have already supported this cause.
This CD was produced in order to raise funds for Pinetree Stables/Cat Sanctuary in Grand Bahamas. Every cent from the sale of this CD/digital downloads will go to the sanctuary which spays, neuters, vets and feeds all the abandoned cats on the island. Pinetree Stables/Grand Bahamas already suffered from Hurricane Dorian and Tropical Storm Nicole which also devastated the US/Canadian east coast.
Thanks to all the bands.... Mark Malibu & the Wasagas, The Surf Hermits, Blackball Bandits, Jason Janik, The Swinging Pussycats, Underwater Bosses, Sys Malakian, The Jagaloons, Voodoo Surf Tribe, The Breakers, The Angry Red Planet, The Space Agency, the Hitchcocks, Danger Death Ray 3, Miss Tammy Darling, Krontjong Devils, Urban Surf Kings, The Jagaloons, The Green Reflectors, Surf Zombies, The Terrorsurfs, Magnatech, Shaun Young, Death Wave, Crab Bubbles, The Slimetones, Jim And The Sea Dragons. Thanks also to Sharawaji Records and Reuben at Mojito Mastering.
23 bands from 15 countries on one 69 minute CD playing classical world music as surf guitar instrumentals.
01. Atomicos Elektrozombies (México) - Over the waves
(Juventino Rosas - The waltz `Sobre las olas)
02. Sailor Ksou and the Seasick Surfers (Greece) — Penies Mpempi (Dimitris Stergiou - Penies Mpempi)
03. Eldanka (Finland) - Arctic birds (Einojuhani Rautavaara - Cantus Arcticus)
04. Frogman (Russia) - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy (From ballet "The Nutcracker" by P.I. Tchaikovsky)
05. RedHawkCity (Australia) - The Warriors (G. P. A. Grainger - The Warriors: Music for an Imaginary Ballet)
06. Araras Negras (Brazil) - The Black Swan (Heitor Villa-Lobos - O Canto do Cisne Negro)
07. Boogie Company (Estonia) - Maidens´ Dance (From ballet "Tiina" by Lydia Auster)
08. Messer Chups (Russia) - Shostakovich Beat (D. D. Shostakovich - Symphony No. 7 “Leningrad” Invasion Episode)
09. I Fat Tones (Italy) - Surf Summer Storm (Antonio Vivaldi - Estate, Movimento III. Presto)
10. The Jancee Pornick Casino (Germany) - Suka Blad Sinfonia (Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No.5)
11. Captain Rico and the Ghost band (France) – Dreaminess (Claude Debussy - Rêverie)
12. Moscow Beatballs (Russia) - Three-Horse Driving (P.I. Tchaikovsky - In the Troika/November/The Seasons)
13. The Jagaloons (USA) - Appalachian Spring (Appalachian Spring - Aaron Copland)
14. Indy Tumbita & The Voodoo Bandits (Spain ) - Ritual Fire Dance (Manuel de Falla - Danza ritual del Fuego)
15. Moussaka (Serbia) - The Legend of the Beautiful Billiana (Biljana Platno Beleše - Traditional song and dance)
16. HulaHoop (Russia) – Troika (Georgi Sviridov – Troika/Winter Road/The Snowstorm)
17. Fit Fat ( Hungary) - Dreams of Love (Liszt Ferencz - Liebesträume No. 3)
18. The Supersónicos (Uruguay) - Triste N°1 (Eduardo Fabini - Triste N°1)
19. The Guantanamos (Italy) - El Surfer Barbero (G. A. Rossini - L'Ouverture de "Il Barbiere di Siviglia")
20. Girl Over Planet (Russia) - Prince Igor From opera "Kniaź Igor" by A. P. Borodin
21. The Razorblades (Germany) - Molto Allegro Twist (W.A. Mozart - Symphony No 40 in G-Minor Molto Allegro)
22. Cannibal Mosquitos (France) - Te Deum For Moskito
(Marc-Antoine le Charpentier - Te Deum For Soloists)
23. The Red Elvises (USA) - Hungarian Dance № 5 (Johannes Brahms - Ungarischer Tänze No. 5)
Twenty years ago we couldn’t imagine that our little excuse to meet with our surf music friends from around the country would still be happening. We also couldn’t imagine how crazy 2020 would be. Nothing could stop us from celebrating though, so we are doing the festival anyway, but in an online format. Here is the final line-up of the 20th anniversary of Primeiro Campeonato Mineiro de Surfe, the oldest running surf music festival in the world and the most important one in South America.
There will be 60 bands from 10 different countries and 12 Brazilian states, with exclusive performances ranging from newly recorded material, video clips, quarantine-style videos, historic festival performances and much more.
Reverb Brasil Records also released an online compilation with 59 tracks from bands participating in the festival and a couple of bands important to this history.
Grab your favorite drink, get comfy on your favorite chair in the company of your favorite people and join us this November 7th, 14th and 21st on Youtube. Check our Facebook Event to figure the local times.
About the festival
Primeiro Campeonato Mineiro de Surfe is the main meeting point of the Brazilian Surf Music Scene, happening annually in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais State, at A Obra, one of the most important underground venues in Brazil. Throughout its 20 year history, the festival has welcomed over 120 bands and thousands of people.
The festival’s name is a joke about a surf championship in Minas Gerais, a state with no coastline. Belo Horizonte is about 500 km from the nearest beach and every year the festival is called Primeiro Campeonato (First Championship), preceded by the number of the edition. Last year’s edition was the 18th Primeiro Campeonato Mineiro de Surfe.
The festival was first organized through Reverb Brasil, which back then was an association of Brazilian Surf Bands. A Obra kept it alive over the years, with the help of Reverb Brasil, which later became a radio show, a label, a blog... Always spreading the (lack of) words of Brazilian Surf Music.
Featuring the MULLET MONSTER MAFIA (Brazil), ARNO DE CEA & the CLOCKWORK WIZARDS (France), LOS PECADORES (U.K) and SUPERINVADERS (Italy) , "RETRO GAMING SPLIT" is a Surf tribute to vintage video games.
Along the 10 tracks of this record, you will find some video games themes covers and some original tracks concerned by this topic.
It is released on 10" vinyl by Creepozoid, Orleone, Les Productions de l'Impossible and Calico records, mastered by Dan Randall (Ghoul, Iron Reagan, Vio-Lence...) with the beautiful cover artwork by Flo Impure.
Digital release by here:
Sharawaji Records presents nearly 60 minutes of reverberations from the UK and Ireland’s thriving underground surf scene.
20 hot acts ripping up 20 killer surf tunes.
We got trad surf, baaad surf, lizard surf, equine surf, horror surf, death surf, punk surf, secret surf, atomic surf and of course SURF ROCK!
From all corners of the UK, from fresh, breaking bands to established surfers and cult favourites, there is something for everyone who likes a bit of drip and a lot of twaaannggg!!!!!!!!!!
Slap this baby into your car player, and head off to the beach and discover why......
Britannia rules the waves!!!!
Orleone Records & Reverb Brasil Records proudly presents:
B R A Z I L I A N T S U N A M I
An incredible compilation with 63 surf bands from Brazil !!! Available soon in a amazing box with 3 CDS.
THE DEAD ROCKS - THE MULLET MONSTER MAFIA - INTÓXICOS - OS BRUTUS - JUBARTE ATACA - LIGHT STRUCKS - BALEIA MUTANTE - TRABAJO CUBANO - O BOI SOLITÁRIO - WOOD SURFERS - RETROFOGUETES - MOVIE STAR TRASH - VIOLENTURES - BLIAN OBLIVION & SEUS RAIOS CATÓDICOS - DRAKULA - JOANATHAN RICHARD - KINGARGOOLAS - BUFALOS D'ÁGUA - MARY'O & THE PINK FLAMINGOS - LOS POLLOS CAIPIRAS - SURFADELICA - SEX ON THE BEACH - JACARÉ JUNKIE - APICULTORES CLANDESTINOS - MANIÁTICOS DO REVERB - BUZZ DRIVER - BARBATANAS - PAQUETÁ - SHARK E OS TUBARÕES - TERREMOTOR - SURFABATZ - IVAN MOTOSERRA - OS CARBURADORES - THE PULLTONES - TARTARUGAS DE PATINETES - ALMIGHTY DEVILDOGS - SURF ALIENS - LOS PREGO - THE OLD JACK - ESQUIVO DEVOLUTO - SUPERGUEDES - OS PONTAS - MARCELO CALLADO - THE RAULIS - OS GATUNOS - MOREIA SURF MONSTERS - BEACH COMBERS - HITCHCOCKS - ROBOTRON - REVERENDO FRANKESTEIN - SURINAMES - PROA - GABRIEL THOMAZ TRIO - CAPITÃO PARAFINA E OS HAOLES - COMANCHES - OS AQUAMANS - SANGUE DE ANDRÓIDE - TED BOY MARINOS - FOOTSTEP SURF BAND - QUENTIN BROTHERS - REVERBA TRIO - BEERMUDAS - GASOLINES
Cover art by Henrique Sam.
Available in Feb/2019!!! Stay tuned!!!
I am pleased to announce the SurfGuitar101 2016 MP3 Compilation! Our 12th one! Just like before, this is a way for members to share music, recording tips, and to just have fun. The main emphasis is fun, so please send in an entry no matter what your skill level is. Here are the rules:
Please use the comment thread for this news story to discuss the compilation and to get information on how to submit an mp3. Please also use that thread if you'd like to find a fellow member to work with on the project. With the magic of digital recording and the Internet, remote collaborations are possible. Make your own virtual surf band! Let the comp begin!
Please check out our prior compilations by using the links in the bottom left sidebar of the desktop version of our site.
Let the comp begin!
Go-Kustom Rekords is looking for up to 5 surf bands to round out a 20 band surf compilation titled 'Worst Case Scenerio'.
Go-Kustom has released two The Invisible Surfers albums, as well as the surf and hot-rod comp. 'Wild Ride'.
To submit a song for 'Worst Case Scenerio' send an email with a link to the track you would like to submit to email@example.com.
Reach out to
Following the long tradition of KFJC produced surf CDs, COMBO SWELL is nineteen tracks of surf music - all recorded live at KFJC or at KFJC events between 1996 and 2014.