Forbidden Island's Japan Relief Benefit, 5/19, w/ The Surf Faux-sters
Our hearts go out to our friends across the Pacific, but sometimes love isn't enough. Please come contribute to this worthy cause and listen to some classic surf music live and DJ'd Japanese go go tunes, while toasting a better future for the victims (meaning all Japanese citizens) of the recent earthquake and tsunami.
- Japanese Surf Coasters cover band THE SURF FAUX-STERS, featuring Ferenc from Pollo del Mar, Danny from The TomorrowMen, and Zanti, Abraham and Jonathon from The Deadbeats playing the music of Japan's The Surf Coasters and Eleki (Japanese instrumental) style hits!
- 60's Japanese and SE Asian go go/ pop DJ Sid Presley
- Vintage Japanese and Asian Go Go fliks on the bar TV!
- Sponsored by Effen Vodka who will be sending in the "Effen stewardesses" to accompany us on our flight
- Proceeds from Susan's award-winning Effen cocktail, Sakura Daquiri, will be donated!
- Raffle and silent auction!
Kampei and aloha!
Forbidden Island, 1304 Lincoln Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501-2335
Here's the Set List for The Surf Fauxsters:
- Los Angeles Nisei
- Test Driver
- Yozora No Noshi
- Three Blue Stars
- Yuzo's Twist
- Crazy Driving
- Code Name Sg7
- Midnight Headlight
- Turning Japanese
- Tsunami Struck
- Beach Monster
- Black Sand Beach
This story has comments.
Comments are closed for this story. If you'd like to share your thoughts on this story
with the site staff, you can contact us directly.