The 1st Annual SurfGuitar 101 Convention, Show and Surf Jam Weekend!
Just a heads up about the Surf Guitar 101 Convention. This will be at Suzy's bar and grill in Hermosa Beach, corner of Aviation and Prospect, between Artesia and PCH. Noon to 5 or 7 pm, separate night show is 8 pm to midnight but your are welcome to come at 11 am or so.
1st off its gonna be many things: a swap meet of surf music (cds, lp's, 45s, new/used), and instrument/gear, shirts, posters, hats, etc. If you have surf swag/merch to sell bring it, grab a free table and sell away.
- Double Crown Records
- Dionysus Records
- Golly Gee Records
- Gomez Amplification
- Huntington Beach International Surfing Museum
- John Blair with his re-issue of The 80's album Stampede on CD w/bonus tracks
- Machturtle Productions with many surf bands cds
- Many other bands members will be there selling their cds
- There will be 1 table with Tiki magazine and other tiki related stuff if you get tired of the Surf stuff.
Please save enough Money for the Night show, and their merch. They need money too, as some of them are coming from The Midwest and Nor. Cal.
- Dominic Priore's assistant Brian from the Dumb Angel Gazette and Surf Pop Culture Books will have some of their books and mags.showing surf music clips from the 60's and a slide show of historic pictures. Possibly have the Original Surfaris Sufari LP for sale (limited quantities)
- There will be a short trailer of the "Sound of Surf" music documentary that is in production now, and they may be doing interviews at this event for the film.
- Paul Johnson will be having the premier of Pounding Surf! DVD Surf Drumming Instructionals, historic stories and footage from the 60's surf scene, plus all of the different cds he has for sale.
- The Boardwalkers (LA)
- Outterwave (LA)
- The Aquasonics (Colorado)
- Secret Samurai (San Diego)
- 4 song set from The Eliminators
- 4 songs of Eddie Bertrand with the Eliminators
- a 30 min Slacktone set.
Surf Jam: You play a surf standard along with a live backing band: Outterwave. See the forum thread for a complete list of songs and sign up!
Later that night at 8pm, more surf bands!
On Sun. Aug 3rd at the Huntington Beach Pier, 11 am to 5 pm will be.
- The Madeira from Indianapolis
- Pollo Del Mar from Nor. Cal.
- Insect Surfers
There is also a San Diego show on Friday, August 1st with
- The Fabulous Nomads
- The Relix
- Aquasonics from Colorado
- Pollo Del Mar
- The Madeira
- The Surftones, Feat. Matt Q from Reventlos, and Kerry Chester ex of DD's 80s band.
If anybody would like to go down there to get an early start on the Reverb overdose weekend!
- Pollo Del Mar
- The Madeira
- Secret Samurai
- Zombie Surf Camp
This story has comments.
Comments are closed for this story. If you'd like to share your thoughts on this story
with the site staff, you can contact us directly.