- Surf Music
Help us meet our monthly goal:
I just have to share this most excellent news about Surf Rock Radios' major coup sponsor-wise.
Now I'm not all up on fashion sense and all Dapper Dan like Don Draper but apparently Fender has partnered with Hurley for a new clothing line and this luscious pairing is the newest sponsor for none other than Surf Rock Radio!
I am all about SRR and am tight with all things concerning Gnarly Mike (Mike75 on SG101) but this left me totally gobsmacked. Boy Howdy!
Sponsor? Like someone spending $$$ promoting merch on a surf station? Is that even legal?
Leave it Mr. Mike- string puller and wheeler dealer extraordinaire!
I am pleased to announce the SurfGuitar101 2016 MP3 Compilation! Our 12th one! Just like before, this is a way for members to share music, recording tips, and to just have fun. The main emphasis is fun, so please send in an entry no matter what your skill level is. Here are the rules:
Please use the comment thread for this news story to discuss the compilation and to get information on how to submit an mp3. Please also use that thread if you'd like to find a fellow member to work with on the project. With the magic of digital recording and the Internet, remote collaborations are possible. Make your own virtual surf band! Let the comp begin!
Please check out our prior compilations by using the links in the bottom left sidebar of the desktop version of our site.
Let the comp begin!
Witness the Terrorsurfs unleash a schlock and roll monstrosity forged of primeval DNA, and stoked by the savage rhythms pulsing deep within their sempiternal hearts.
Expect "Zomboid Surf Attack" late-October as a digital download in addition to a full retail release as a Digipack CD.
We've just released a mini-EP for Halloween, entitled "Spooky Tales and Scary Noises". Two songs exhumed from the crypt, full of reverb and terror!
Digital download/streaming are available on Bandcamp :
We'll also have a limited edition of this on very cool lathe cut vinyl picture discs, 50 copies are on the way !
"Insanitizers deploy their marvelous talent for the guitar to the interpretation of a modern vibe -- what results is a completely novel experience of a genre you thought you knew and understood. Winner, Best Instrumental Rock Album." -- The Akademia (TheAkademia.com), July 2016 awards.
"Guitar Fun," with 22 adventure packed diverse surf-rock instrumentals, was just released by The Insanitizers. You can hear the entire CD (free) at Insanitizers.com without commercials or announcements. The CD is in stock at DeepEddy.net and DWMMusic.com .
Here is a track listing, with a few comments.
1. Shootout. Ride in, challenge, battle, ride out. "Best Instrumental Rock Song" June 2015, The Akademia.
2. Dark Eyes Rock. Russian folk song but frantic.
3. Rocket Pack. To orbit, back, and again.
4. Huntington Surf.
5. Murder in Paradise. Murder, Paradise, Repeat.
6. Love in Purgatory. So forbidden, so sad.
7. A Day in Tokyo. Gogo with Togo.
8. A Night in Vienna. Polka, march and twist on world's tallest carousel.
9. Irish Washerwoman. Scrub and jig.
10. Choclo Argentina. Tango, surf, flamenco.
11. Resonance. Massive organ rocks again.
12. Malaguena. Literal recitation.
13. Revel. Celebration groove.
14. A Week in Hawaii. Change of pace, focus on the bass.
15. GooglEyes. Now with silly synthesizers.
16. Robot Dance. Shunting and clanking.
17. Stunt Pilot. Guitar drum duet swoops.
18. MisiGila. 2 drummers, one huge guitar.
19. Croak of Midnight. Two drummers, acoustic guitar, actual frog.
20. Waterboard Surf 2016.
Submersion / Inquisition / Repeat
21. Loose Surfer. Guitar Pun!
22. W-Ray Gun.
Don't take the comments seriously, they're just for fun. So is the music.
Attention Humans! The Tsunamibots have renamed October to "Bot-tober!"
This is a busy month for the Robotic Revolution. Attendance is mandatory. This is the first opportunity to own a piece of Surf Rock history by purchasing "The Crushing" directly from the band.
10/7 Skinny Pancake - Burlington VT
10/8 CD RELEASE PARTY - Hostel Tevere in Warren VT
10/14 The Delancey - New York New York
10/29 The Pit - Lisbon NH
10/31 Charlie O's - Montpelier VT