Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Boss FRV-1 pedal: Fender Reverb

LockNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

I think the problem with some attitudes on this forum is that hardly any of you die hard,vintage spring tank folks have ever even seen the ocean,let alone actually paddled out and surfed. Might do you a world of good,even more than coveting that vintage tube reverb unit.

but anyway,i just ordered me a BOSS FRV-1

What does actually surfing and seeing the ocean have to do with attaining/having a reverb unit?

czech-one-2
I think the problem with some attitudes on this forum is that hardly any of you die hard,vintage spring tank folks have ever even seen the ocean,let alone actually paddled out and surfed. Might do you a world of good,even more than coveting that vintage tube reverb unit.

Nice first post Confused You could have at least introduced yourself before you decided to inform us of how geography has so much bearing on what our guitars sound like. Enjoy your pedal. Rolling Eyes

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Bozo bit flipped right out of the gate.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

just thought I'd get a rise out of ya on my first post.
your right,what does surfing have to do with surf guitar? Rolling Eyes
I just thought some of you sounded like you need to get out more and let off some steam,jeeze!

I used to be a licensed scuba diver, but never surfed. This must explain my tone issues.

Mike
http://www.youtube.com/morphballio

czech-one-2
just thought I'd get a rise out of ya on my first post.

It's called trolling. It's not really looked upon favorably.

czech-one-2
your right,what does surfing have to do with surf guitar? Rolling Eyes

Nothing in any meaningful way.

I take it you have never played through a real tube reverb tank? The reverb unit is the thing you need to sound like the classic surf bands if that is what you are going for. Sorry, but reverb is taken very seriously around here. Wink

Enjoy your pedal.

It's called trolling. It's not really looked upon favorably

Trolling? I just said I bought a boss FRV-1?
the rest was obviously tounge & cheek,right?

but I'd be pissed too if I had a few grand in vintage reverb units and a cheap pedal comes along and gives it a run for the money! LOL!

czech-one-2
the rest was obviosly tounge-in-cheek,right?

Are you back pedalling now? You admitted you were trying to get a rise out of us.

Anyway, it was your first post. We have no past history with you. Sarcasm and humor are often very hard to convey in a forum post, and since we don't "know" you, no one knew what you meant.

Look at it this way. Go to a neighborhood bar that you have never been to. One that has tons of regular patrons during happy hour. Barge into the bar and yell at everyone that they need to relax. See what kind of reaction that gets you. The same thing happened here.

Now let's get back on topic if we can and discuss a pedal almost no one has. Rolling Eyes

This post has been removed by the author.

czech-one-2
but I'd be pissed too if I had a few grand in vintage reverb units and a cheap pedal comes along and gives it a run for the money! LOL!

Who is pissed? And I don't own a vintage reverb unit. I have a reissue that I bought for $335 new in the box about 7 years ago. You've obviously never played a real tube reverb unit if you think any digital pedal can give it a run for the money. I don't even think you've played through the pedal in question.

I was kinda refering to the collector that has a Gomez,vintage fender,schreyer etc.
I'm poor, so the this will have to for now. Wink

Who the f*** collects reverb units? I suppose there has to be someone out there doing it. But why?

SSIV

''Someone who owns stuff you can not afford (or convince your parents to buy for you) is not necessarily a "collector".
''

Hey,i call 'trolling'! wheres the surf guitar police?

czech-one-2

Is that the problem? Or is your line of thinking the problem? Just because one has never seen the ocean or never paddled out doesn't mean.... you know. I don't even know exactly what you are saying.

To me, and others, the ocean is not the greatest thing on the planet. A lot of people are equally drawn to the mountains, rivers, forests, country-side.

So much drama over reverb. Reverb should inspire peace and harmony among all free peoples of the earth. Let's join hands and hum "The Hearse" together.

Monkey

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedeadranchhands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZEW74mHjQk

Jake, it was a sarcastic bit of humor. I was really pointing out how this thread was WAY too serious as a couple other posters were going at it already.
I mean, its like the Cork Sniffers and the McCoy's feuding over here.

I'll just take my little brown pedal and my strat and move on,before I'm thrown to the lions!

Last edited: Aug 06, 2009 09:44:27

czech-one-2
I'll just take my little brown pedal and my strat and move on.

BuhBye Lame

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next