Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Boss FRV-1 pedal: Fender Reverb

LockNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

I think the best reverb pedal out of the lot is the DigiTech/Hardwire RV-7 Stereo Reverb. Does a pretty good job of both spring and plate reverb with simulated dwell and mix controls. I used this when A/B testing my newly built 5G15 kit to compare. I would definitely keep it as a backup. This Boss pedal doesn’t sound that bad really. The tremolo is atrocious, however. I don’t know why Fender continues to dilute their once great brand name.

Hoosier-Hodad
I think the best reverb pedal out of the lot is the DigiTech/Hardwire RV-7 Stereo Reverb. Does a pretty good job of both spring and plate reverb with simulated dwell and mix controls. I used this when A/B testing my newly built 5G15 kit to compare. I would definitely keep it as a backup. This Boss pedal doesn’t sound that bad really. The tremolo is atrocious, however. I don’t know why Fender continues to dilute their once great brand name.

I've been pretty impressed with the DigiTech reverb pedals I've heard.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Save your dough and buy the real deal!!! There are several mid - 60's Fender reverbs on ebay almost every week. I kept watching until I found a 1964 at a low BIN and then took the plunge. I got it for a little more than what I paid for my brown RI. Plus it gives you a three tube pre-amp before your guitar hits the amp.

www.myspace.com/thethunderheads

Thunderhead
Save your dough and buy the real deal!!! There are several mid - 60's Fender reverbs on ebay almost every week. I kept watching until I found a 1964 at a low BIN and then took the plunge. I got it for a little more than what I paid for my brown RI. Plus it gives you a three tube pre-amp before your guitar hits the amp.

Dough isn't the only issue. Portability and convenience are important as well. I already carry enough gear to fill the back of a compact pickup. (guitar, bass, guitar amp, bass amp, etc) and I'm always looking for ways to consolidate.

nothing new about the pedal so far? everybody is waiting.....

www.myspace.com/captaintwangandhisrhythmcat

eddiewagner
nothing new about the pedal so far? everybody is waiting.....

I don't think it's out yet. I know that the other pedals in this series are pretty nice so we'll have to see if it measures up.

I don't think it's out yet. I know that the other pedals in this series are pretty nice so we'll have to see if it measures up.

It's out! Somebody hurry up and do more surf oriented review! Please... Drool

As an
alienated institution, the market is neither hostile nor friendly, simply detached and
cold.

goon

It's out! Somebody hurry up and do more surf oriented review! Please... Drool

I don't see it for sale anyplace. The last I heard they were talking late July, possibly as late as August.

here's what I saw...

but now I see other sites saying that delivery can be expected in late August.
False alarm I guess, although I followed the Imuso site to where you type in your information and they still made no mention of late delivery. If it is what I think it is (get you on the hook) then that's bad protocol. Thumbs Down

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG03597

As an
alienated institution, the market is neither hostile nor friendly, simply detached and
cold.

Just another place that'll take your order and then tell you it'll be a backorder.

Exactly, take your dough first and tell you it's backordered later. I am very skeptical about it anyway, hard to beat the real deal!!!!

Thunderhead
Exactly, take your dough first and tell you it's backordered later. I am very skeptical about it anyway, hard to beat the real deal!!!!

I don't imagine that it'll ever be as good as the real deal but I think for cheapskate, lazy-arsed guys like me that are trying to schlep as little gear as possible it's a reasonable alternative.

Based on COSM technology...what does that exactly mean?

Unadan
Based on COSM technology...what does that exactly mean?

It's a way of modeling various devices that lets them interact with one another the same way that the real devices would. I have several pedals and a recorder that use this and they work pretty well. Weed it & Reap!

Interesting - if true it doesn't explain why the FRV-1 demo on the Boss web site does not show the pedal sounding very "springy" ala the real deal.

I tried one last year when Roland had an "after NAMM" show here. I posted my thoughts here:

http://www.surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=134913#134913

Not being a Boss pedal fan myself, I never followed up on it to see if it ever got released. But I would have thought after a year it would be out.

Mel

Who knows - maybe the Boss folks are reading the posts here and taking them seriously - back to the drawing board.
Yeah, right...

http://www.aquatudes.com
http://www.facebook.com/theaquatudes

I like how he starts talking about how much he likes it...as if a gun was being pointed at his family or something..hehee...tool.

Unadan
Interesting - if true it doesn't explain why the FRV-1 demo on the Boss web site does not show the pedal sounding very "springy" ala the real deal.

The only way to find out will be to play one. I have one on order and expect it to ship soon. Yesterday the dealer told me that they thought it would be included with the Roland order they had just gotten so maybe I'll know fairly soon. I have the other two pedals in the "Legend" series and I'm satisfied with them. If I don't like this one there's always "the 'Bay". Smile

synchro

Unadan

The only way to find out will be to play one. I have one on order and expect it to ship soon. Yesterday the dealer told me that they thought it was included with the Roland order they had just gotten so maybe I'll know fairly soon. I have the other two pedals in the "Legend" series and I'm satisfied with them. If I don't like this one there's always "the 'Bay". Smile

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next