Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink What are you drinking?

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4

Jon
Ha, nice.

One of the few people that would actually get that.

"as he stepped into the stealthy night air... little did he know the fire escape was not there"

https://www.facebook.com/reluctantaquanauts/
https://www.facebook.com/TheDragstripVipers/

Absolutely. Mmmmboy, that's good booze!

Reginald Van Gleason III is a great character.

Bourbon, neat.

All these tiki drinks are wonderful, but more than one will have me hurling up my lunch by the end of the night. The same with IPA, tasty, but more than two will turn my stomach into an old bog. Puke

tonybologna
I'm also known to sport a Sparks to start the night off right, I fall Sleeping to early without it. Hurray for caffiene and alcohol!

Caffeine, a great chemical. My own invention is is "Trailer Park Sparks."

Pour 12oz of Mountain Dew into pint glass.
Top off with cheap bourbon (about 4 oz).
Drink.

the problem with most tropical/tiki drinks is they are not made correctly to the old versions, ala Don The Beachcomber, Trader Vics. etc.

there are a few places, like some of the Trader Vics restaurants around the word, The Mai Kai in Fort Lauderdale Fl. The Tiki Ti in L.A. and Forbidden Island in Alameda (SF bay area). that do them very well.
these places have done much research in doing the proper mixology to make most of these drinks have the perfect blend of sweet, sour and booze. The perfect triangle they call it.

but most bars you go to make these drinks all wrong.
and will most likely be way too sweet and not sit well on the stomach.

not to say that drinking too much of the proper ones wont make you hurl either, believe me, I've done some damage to myself at a few of those places and paid the price.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

kilometers
Bourbon, neat.

All these tiki drinks are wonderful, but more than one will have me hurling up my lunch by the end of the night. The same with IPA, tasty, but more than two will turn my stomach into an old bog. Puke

Several years ago, I read that Joe Strummer was a bourbon drinker. I went through a period in which I, too, tried to be a bourbon drinker. Couldn't do it. I'll try again one day, though...

kilometers
My own invention is is "Trailer Park Sparks."

You had me right up until "add bourbon."

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

Bourbon is a love or hate thing. Back when I drank to make myself forget who and where I was, I drank rot gut and bourbon/neutral grain blends. When it became a civilized vice I started to drink the real stuff - Woodford or better. It's too bad I'm not a rich guy.

On one of my legendary adventures my friends and I took a trip from Disgusta, GA to Buckhead/Atlanta. I drank the better part of a bottle of some cheap blend on the way up there (this was when I was in my prime) and was well past the point of stopping or being stopped. My friends (all big guys) were throwing drinks at me to see when I'd hit the wall. I was like Super Mario after getting the little flashing star. Then my buddy brings over this giant red fishbowl with a bunch of straws in it. I have no idea what it was but if I had to guess it would be Everclear and Kool-Aid. Game...over. To this day, unless a sweet/sour drink is made exceptionally well, I just can't touch it.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Too lazy to check all the posts, but was the Bali Hai's Mai Tai mentioned yet?

My old company used to go there every year for the Holiday parties and they would get nice and ugly due to those stiff drinks!

sorry guys all im drinkin right now is kool aid haha

-Zanti

Instagram:

My IG

Combo Tezeta IG

I'm not a big wine drinker, although that's what I'm drinkin now cuz there was nothing else in the house.

I prefer dark rum, though.

Steve-O-San
Too lazy to check all the posts, but was the Bali Hai's Mai Tai mentioned yet?

My old company used to go there every year for the Holiday parties and they would get nice and ugly due to those stiff drinks!

Steve,
though the Mai Tai at Bali Hi is legendary, it is an acquired taste.
as it is all booze.
some love it, to me its un drinkable.
but what ever floats yer boat.
Wink

I do like the Navy Grog there.
though its not the same as a trader Vics Navy Grog, if you add the juice of half a lime it makes it tolerable.

Seafoam,
try this.
2 ounces of Dark Rum, 1 ounce of soda water, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1/2 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Root beer, Sprite, Orange/ Grape soda, and most juices.

Sonichris
I also like to think that all early 60's fender equipment is happy to be playing surf music again. After all, its the music it was meant to play.

Radio Free Bakersfield--60 Minutes of TWANG, CRUNCH, OOMPH.
http://radiofreebakersfield.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Free-Bakersfield/172410279636
http://www.sandiegojoe.com/rfb.htm

Cuba Libra..nice n simple Cool

www.northofmalibu.com

A little sump'n I put together

.5 oz Black Strap rum
.5 oz homemade cinnamon rum
1 oz 5 yr el dorado rum
muddle in 2 marachino cherries
add 2.5 oz ginger beer

and enjoy while listening to Tikiyaki!

"Maybe there aren't any surf bands; there's only surf music?" Tuck

Let's see, last night I had 2 dry martinis, a Lei Lani Volcano, a Joan Bennett, a Don's Daiquiri and a South Seas Sleeper. So it's a bit hangoversville around here today (as Al "Jazzbo" Collins would have put it).

Jazzbo

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Ice water. The "blackouts" became too horrendous..(looking back...some were "funny", but only after being explained to me by others). My favorie used to be Evan Williams Bourbon on ice w/some Dole fruit juice added. The Dole comes in various flavor combinations & it was quite fun experimenting with different mixes. Beer (Guiness Stout) was good too.

Last night it was Black Bottle scotch - it tasted about as good as it's name was imaginative.

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4