Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink mmmmm... burger.

Goto Page: Previous 1 214 15 16 17 18 Next

bigtikidude wrote:

Noel wrote:

I'd love to live someplace where I could have a 12-month outdoor kitchen. Big Grin

Noel,
Not every night, especially during rain or a cold spell.
but my Dad has been known to BBQ a bit In winter.
So. Cal. Is calling you.
Wink

If this year has taught me anything, it's never to say never anymore.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

bigtikidude wrote:

Noel wrote:

I'd love to live someplace where I could have a 12-month outdoor kitchen. Big Grin

Noel,
Not every night, especially during rain or a cold spell.
but my Dad has been known to BBQ a bit In winter.
So. Cal. Is calling you.
Wink

Year round in the Pacific NW at our house. The covered patio helps. Only the occasional blowing snow stops me. I attribute it to the SoCal upbringing. And I still use charcoal exclusively. :)

Rick

Rick

Thanks Noel for the infrared low down. I do grill year round rain snow I'm like a postman Yes my next house will have an outdoor kitchen for sure. Ifff I can afford it. Happy cook'n

I know I missed an epic cookout at Jeff's, but here are two London Broils I just grilled. They weighed about 3.5 and 4 pounds.

The uncut one has a hot Cajun rub, and the one already sliced is mild. Very, very juicy.

Last edited: Aug 09, 2014 18:36:08

Damn!

JakeDobner wrote:

Damn!

Thanks, Jake! They tasted every bit as good as they look - maybe even better. No pictures from the day before, but I did three large pork loins that were just as caramelized, tender, juicy and flavorful.

I wish I could play guitar as well as I grill. Big Grin

You've done it now Noel, absolutely no chance Morrissey will ever sign up to the forum! heh.

crumble wrote:

You've done it now Noel, absolutely no chance Morrissey will ever sign up to the forum! heh.

ROTFL His loss. Cheers SG101!

Seems like we had the same idea Noel, Flank steak with chimichurri from the garden for us last night. To be on burger topic we will have those tonight.Happy eats to all Smile

Droooool

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I made some great hand pressed patties last week, the secret was brown sugar, a fair amount of it. It caramelizes on the grill and helps to lock in the juices. They were damn good...

bigtikidude wrote:

Droooool

Any time, Jeff! Any time at all.

I need to find where they make this burger.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Finally made it to Pittsburg to cross one off my bucket list. The Pitts-burger from Primanti Bros. I was greatly disappointed.

bigtikidude wrote:

How the heck do you eat something like that? I mean, if you don't have Steven Tyler's mouth?

Old punks never die... They just become surf rockers.

I would like to give it my best try,
i would break it into 4 sections at a time.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Damn! I'm hungry now!
The way to eat that is to have the ability to dislocate your jaw hahahaha

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

19 best Burgers in California

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/los-angeles/best-burgers-in-california-hodads-fathers-office-4505-and-more?utm_content=feature&utm_term=Los%20Angeles&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12.5.14%20:%20Thrillist%20Digest

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Dec 06, 2014 10:40:14

Airport Bar, Black River Falls, WI
Best elegantly simple, properly executed, Bacon Cheeseburger in (at least) the upper Midwest.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Jeff, is that link true? To me, any time the word 'best' is in conjunction with 'burger' that is a sure-fire recipe for a bland burger.

I had a damn good burger three times this week... There is a rotating specialty burger at a dorm eatery at work. Normally they are shit, but the "Smokehouse" burger was delicious.

Goto Page: Previous 1 214 15 16 17 18 Next