Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink songs to choose to play w Outterwave at the sg101 event,Aug.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 59 10 Next

OK,
If no one picks it I'd probably like to play lead on Latinia and a Shads tune (WLand, Atlantis or PPipe).

Thanks Dario,
I got you down for Latina,
sorry Outerwave doesnt do those shads tunes.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

JACK THE RIPPER

so BTD can get up there on bass!

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

That sounds pretty cool Jeff . Put me down for bass on : Pacifica , the Wedge , Miserlou with Dusty. And maybe Smoke on the Water

I'll give up Exotic if we can get Dusty to play earthquake at Surf City. I'd just like to play with him once in this lifetime. I'll email him.

If I make it, I'd be happy to pick up a guitar on Jack the Ripper, or any one of a number of tunes...

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/rockinrio.delrosa

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/TheHighTides

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/pages/The-Blue-Demons

I emailed Dusty about playing drums on Earthquake at Surf City and I got this email back:
I talked with big tiki dude last night and he wasn't certain what songs are available for jamming and which songs were in outerwaves actual set so I really don't know what I will be playing to tell you the truth. He wants me to play miserlou with a couple people and also wipeout with jeff utterback on drums as well. We'll get it straight in the next few days prolly and I will get back to you doug. Would be a blast to play with you!
-dusty

BTK, What a Great idea this is!! If no-one has it yet (which would suprise me) I'd love to play rhythm on Surf Rider with P.J. (are you kidding???!!!)and rhythm on any one of the following: Espionage, Penetration, Pipeline, Baja or the Wedge.
Rick Rhoades

Rick

how about two train wrecks? miserlou and wipe out (i'd love to get in on wipeout)

www.surfintheeye.com

sandyfeet
BTK, What a Great idea this is!! If no-one has it yet (which would suprise me) I'd love to play rhythm on Surf Rider with P.J. (are you kidding???!!!)and rhythm on any one of the following: Espionage, Penetration, Pipeline, Baja or the Wedge.
Rick Rhoades

Hey Jeff, Sorry about the BT...K, a Freudian slip???...I know your not the Big Tiki KILLER, Rick

Rick

I'm trying to work up the nerve to get up there and commit to a song.

At this point, I'm tentatively thinking something pretty straightforward - like "Walk, Don't Run" rhythm guitar part.

I have lingering stage fright issues stemming from a bad experience in the 3rd grade playing Charlie Brown in the "Great Pumpkin" - so don't put me down for sure as of yet Laughing

Also, for those of us traveling long distances - is there a way around bringing our own guitar?

00Diablo
I'm trying to work up the nerve to get up there and commit to a song.

At this point, I'm tentatively thinking something pretty straightforward - like "Walk, Don't Run" rhythm guitar part.

I have lingering stage fright issues stemming from a bad experience in the 3rd grade playing Charlie Brown in the "Great Pumpkin" - so don't put me down for sure as of yet Laughing

Also, for those of us traveling long distances - is there a way around bringing our own guitar?

if i have the nerve to get up there so do you.........

www.surfintheeye.com

I play in front of people often enough but it will certainly be a different thing playing for a crowd of surf guitarists. I'm afraid to bring my Buzz Stop.

if i have the nerve to get up there so do you.........

with Paul Johnson no less! ... not that I'm trying to add to the pressure.

I play in front of people often enough but it will certainly be a different thing playing for a crowd of surf guitarists. I'm afraid to bring my Buzz Stop.

Yeah I hear you, the fact that all of the surf illuminati will be there makes me swallow that much harder at the thought. It'd be so much easier to get up there in a dive bar at 1AM with only a few drunks watching.

This is a great idea though - a once in a lifetime opportunity for many, and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun to watch at the very least.

i'd rather do it than regret that i didn't

www.surfintheeye.com

momsurfing_
i'd rather do it than regret that i didn't

Carol, you're an inpiration to us all! Worship You talked me into it!

Jeff, if it isn't taken since the last update, sign me up for lead on "Baja".
You're an inspiration to us all too! Worship This is so cool! You've
done a helluva job setting all of this up.

It might be helpful to everybody involved if we knew the key in which
the band typically plays these songs. It might eliminate some panic and
confusion the day of the jams.

Bob

Bob

bass on "Surf Rider"...sounds like fun!

also, I can do "Latini'a" bass...if Dario doesn't mind...

Hey All,
I will update the song list tonite or Monday,
sorry I been runnin all weekend going to the
Mighty Surf Lords/Tomorrowmen shows.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

For the record nothing would make us musicians in bands happier than seeing all you bedroomers get up there. As for screwing up, trust me we've all been there plenty of times and it's just part of the experience and nothing to beat yourselves up over. All of you just go for it you'll be glad you did I promise.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Anybody listen the the Astronauts cover of Miserlou? I hear a very obvious mistake in there, what the hell.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 59 10 Next