Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink Some inspiring eleki stuff

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 817 18 Next

Klas
imageFor anyone interested, there are currently 5 new copies of Let's Go Eleki Bushi on eBay at only $7.80 (list $35.99). I know I payed a lot more for mine.

I got mine today. It is an all Japanese release and thus I can't read the song titles. Will google for those. Can't wait to listen to it.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

thinking about it, maybe eBay hurt CD sales, too?

The Exotic Guitar of Kahuna Kawentzmann

You can get the boy out of the Keynes era, but you can’t get the Keynes era out of the boy.

Brian
I got mine today. It is an all Japanese release and thus I can't read the song titles. Will google for those. Can't wait to listen to it.

I played the album earlier this week and think it's really great in combining Japanese traditional folk music with totally rocking eleki style sounds.

The song titles can be found here:

http://www.msato.net/Music/Cd/tblmin2.html

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

It has some really amazing guitar playing, that is for sure. And ha-ha, the song titles aren't really going to help me out. I didn't fully realize that this was an Eleki-fied version of Japanese folks songs. Laughing

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Hope this hasn’t been posted. It’s not Eleki, but close.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H78SAgo-vSk

You can get the boy out of the Keynes era, but you can’t get the Keynes era out of the boy.

Just got a note from Japan that the following goodies are on its way to me.

Eleki No Wakadaisho
Featuring Yuzo Kayama and Takeshi Terauchi as well as other Japanese mid 60s acts. Just check out the very promising Video Beat movie description:

I don't understand Japanese but some standout scenes include: a battle of the bands competition (the whole movie revolves around the competition) where a wild girl group in mini skirts and go-go boots look and sound teriffic! Also, a Beatle-wig-wearing group who play great but are up to no good! Look for several fantastic record store scenes that feature tons of cool looking LP covers, Beatles "Help" posters and totally bitchin' electric guitars on display. The top ten at the record store includes "Help" and "The Cruel Sea" (a Dakotas, sans Billy J., instrumental). Lots of performance scenes including on stage, in a bus, in a back room, at a restaurant, etc. Tons of songs including, "Yozora no Hoshi," "Black Sand Beach," "Kimi to Itsumademo," "Blonde Jennie," "Blues of Wakadaisyo," and several others.

Here's a YouTube clip from the movie: Black Sand Beach.

Beloved Invaders
Finally I'll have an official copy of the Ventures 1966 Japan tour.

Eleki A Go-Go
This is the third time I try to get this one. All instro Japanese mid 60s bands with many of the tracks not appearing anywhere else.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

This post has been removed by the author.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009 17:35:59

Nice! Haven't seen one of those on eBay in a looooooooong time.

Neck is almost straight.

I wonder just how much is "almost" in this case.

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009 23:04:36

Fantastic thread. Just when I think I've soaked up most info on this site (don't test me on it, mind), a comprehensive thread on a form of music I never knew existed till a couple of month's ago. Marvellous.

What does Eliki mean? I was listening to my friends iPod. And he had the Mach IV album and its called Eliki. Its really good Very Happy

The Deadbeats

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009 23:04:48

Razz well i've only herd that MachIV album, but its Great! Smile

The Deadbeats

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009 23:04:53

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009 23:12:15

It's a damn good record. Great writing.

Yes, the Mach IV record "Eleki!" has little to do with the actual Eleki sound. I had an echo heavy song which we named "Il Eko Eleki" playing off the Italian guitar brand and our drummer being Japanese. I think that one and "Teke Teke Teke" which Ferenc wrote were probably the closest we came to the eleki sound on the record.

zak
This Spacemen LP is my latest find:

Holy moly what a mindbending record.
Amazing lead guitar (kinda halfway between the Sharp Five and Terauchi) and ultra-drippy palm-muted rhythm guitar, no "filler" tunes...I think this one is quickly becoming one of my favorite Eleki records!

I had that in my eBay searches for years and it never turned up. Congratulations!!!

zak
This Spacemen LP is my latest find...

Cool, it would be interesting to see a tracklist if it isn't too much trouble.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009 23:12:11

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 817 18 Next