Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Lava Rats at Maverick's

Page 1 of 1

Hey folks,
So the date is finally set, and this year's Maverick's Big Wave Surfing competition is taking place THIS SATURDAY January 12th.

For those of you who love big wave surfing, surf music, and getting up early on a Saturday, SG101's own The Lava Rats will be playing live during the second heat of the competition. We'll be up on the cliff, playing the surfers on to success starting at 9:15 a.m.

So, grab your insulated coffee mugs, hoodies, and gloves and check us out while watching some of the best big wave riders out there get their groove on.

Hope to see you there!!

~B~

Dam! I wish I could be there!! have a killer show

Cheers
Cheers

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

So, Bill how did the show at Maverick's go? I saw a short feature of the competition over the weekend on one of the major news outlets. I was sort of hoping for a shot of the band Cool ) But no . . .

All in all, the show was a success. As is always the case with outdoor events dependent on the weather in January, it was a little chilly when we arrived. We had to wait, as the generator truck that was set to power the bands wound up stuck in the mud, so the music was delayed.

However, we wound up with a nice spot on the pathway, and got to play uninterrupted at the edge of the beautiful Pacific. We played for about an hour, and had a few hundred people pass by as we were playing. All in all, a great number of the people stuck around for a song or two, but everyone was VERY warm and apprieciative. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see any of the competition, but we had a blast nonetheless.

We followed up this performance with a surprise performance down at The Octopus Lounge in Pacifica, where we got to kick out the jams for another few hours.

Here's a pic of the spot. Yes, we were playing on a big tarp, but everything stayed put just like it had to. Granted you can't see details of us too well, but hey, that might make it better!

~B~

That has "Photo of the Day" written all over it. You could always rename yourselves the "Silhouettes". (I know . . . taken).

Very cool, like the weather. Glad it was a good time. Thanks!

very nice,

did you see any of the Mermen set Bill?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Looks like a fun gig Bill! Would have loved to have caught it.

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

bigtikidude
very nice,

did you see any of the Mermen set Bill?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Unfortunately, no. Like I said - it was an absolute zoo, and the schedule was also thrown way off (as a result of the generator truck being stuck and everything getting re-routed), so there was no set gaurantee that the Mermen were even going to play at the beach, I had the suspicion they might have JUST played the official after-party, though I don't know for sure.

Either way, we were out of HMB long before they got there.
~B~

Sounds like fun, and that's an awesome pic. Will we be seeing cardboard cutouts of the LavaRats on the merch table?

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

WR
Sounds like fun, and that's an awesome pic. Will we be seeing cardboard cutouts of the LavaRats on the merch table?

Possibly... but there are two conditions:

1) We need outfits with at LEAST as many rhinestones and sequins as that

2) I can't have my mouth open, like I do in the pic I posted.

Wink
~B~

Page 1 of 1