Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The Woggles NE Tour 11/27-12/1

Page 1 of 1

This show announcement is a re-post from My Space. On a personal note, I met The Woggles years ago at Sleazefest when I was still a go go dancer in 9th Wave. Loved the band, great show, tons of energy and talent. To make it better, the lead singer sang "Happy Birthday" to me, a capella. Try to see them.

THE WOGGLES!

Tue. Nov 27: DC9, Washington, DC
Wed. Nov 28: TT the Bear’s, Cambridge, MA
Thu. Nov 29: Café Nine, New Haven, CT
Fri. Nov 30: Southpaw, Brooklyn, NY
Sat. Dec 1: Vintage Vinyl, Fords, NJ, 2:00 p.m.; FREE in-store performance, www.vvinyl.com
Sat. Dec 1: Maxwell’s, Hoboken, NJ (w/ The Black Hollies)

The Wogles ROCK AND ROLL BACKLASH CD or LP is $9.99, INCLUDING shipping, in the Wicked Cool Records shop - www.wickedcoolrecords.com/zencart. MP3 full album downloads are $8.99!

Check out these quotes on The Woggles live show, and ROCK AND ROLL BACKLASH.

“…This is a rock dance party from start to finish. Steven Van Zandt has championed this band on his Underground Garage radio show and no wonder: These dozen slabs of beefy goodness will have you grinning all day and all of the night.” – Boston Herald

“For two decades, the Woggles have marched forth from Georgia like Sherman in reverse, leveling nightclubs with their hip-shaking, Windshield-steaming garage rock fusillade.” – Austin Chronicle

“The Woggles take rock n’ roll, surf, and Britpunk and thrash it into a dance party rave up that could melt Dick Clark’s face-off….Live there’s none better.” – The Village Voice

“Porridge, The Woggles: Surreal nursery rhyme sounds like a lost chunk of The Who’s A Quick One mini-opera.” – Ken Barnes, USA Today, Listen Up Blog Playlist

Aloha,
Blue StingRaye

While The Woggles aren't "surf", their live show is something to see.

Those guys define '60's style garage rock, and they have been doing it WAY before The Hives, Vines, Strokes and White Stripes, et, al, who, IMO, are mere posers in comparison to The Woggles.

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Wow - you had me excited for a minute there, BlueStingRaye!!! I'm from Nebraska (NE). Smile

So sorry to disappoint you!

So what does one do for fun in Nebraska? Hmmm

Aloha,
Blue StingRaye

...wish we lived closer to one of the coasts!!!

kkamphaus
Wow - you had me excited for a minute there, BlueStingRaye!!! I'm from Nebraska (NE). Smile

I'm not, but I'm close enough that I checked immediately to see what NE meant. Drat. "Down East" again.

kkamphaus
...wish we lived closer to one of the coasts!!!

Somewhere recently I've heard the middle parts described as "the Third Coast." Heck, it was all underwater not 50 million years ago.

FWIW, which end of Nebraska? There's surf in Colorado. The musical kind, anyway, and sometimes a small chop on Baseline Reservoir. Anyway, how about this for a near miss - Agent Orange (and locals Get Three Coffins Ready) in Denver on December 12th. You might be able to hear a whisper of it on the wind in North Platte.

Naturally, I'm on the other end just West of Omaha. About two years ago I found a band locally that did a few original surf instros but that's been it.

Page 1 of 1