Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink SoundWaves @ Rusty's Surf Ranch Battle of the Bands

Page 1 of 1

Jan 24th, 2008

Rusty's Surf Ranch
Attn: Booking
256 Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica, CA 90401

who are the other surf bands your battling against?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Don't know the answer to that yet. Cindy hasn't posted the line-ups yet. Therewill be total of 27 bands though.

John

Can you Please post here when you get the answer?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey Jeff,

This Battle of the Bands is open to all genres. No postings yet, Cindy said it'll be a couple of weeks till she gets it together. For any bands intereseted in getting in on it, contact;

Cindy Pfeifer
Rusty's Surf Ranch
Director of Sales & Marketing

Phone: 310-399-8886 or cindy@rustyssurfranch.com

John
www.soundwavessurfband.com

Hey John,
I don't know if things have changed at Rusty's but we boycott that place. I have to say that Rusty's is the worst venue I have ever experienced when it comes to treating bands. They overcharge at the door, parkking is ridiculously priced (not their fault though), they underpay the bands after ripping people off at the door, and generally treat you like dirt.

You can ask the Lava Rats about their experience when they played there. I played there with both CHUM and then in The Detonators and after the last debaucle we decided never to play there again. Just a head's up...hope things have changed but keep an eye out.
Cheers,
Ted

Ted, thanks for the heads up. We'll be sure to pass on our experience.

John

Ah, Rusty's....

A.K.A. "the venue that shall not be named"

The only place we've ever had to go out-of-pocket to play a show AND get cut short!

~B~

SurfBandBill
Ah, Rusty's....

A.K.A. "the venue that shall not be named"

The only place we've ever had to go out-of-pocket to play a show AND get cut short!

~B~

If you compare this venue to Lord Voldemort then it must be bad.

Completely intentional, I assure you. Except for the blood tie to us. Though I would give up a little bit of soul to make my Mosrite a horcrux.

~B~

I love a place that gives bands one draft beer ticket for playing but charges full price for food, $20 for parking and $10 at the door (with no guest list). Rock solid business plan but not great for return business especially if you are Bill and the Lava Rats crew driving down from SF. The Lava Lounge was a close second in my book with giving the Tiki Tiki Bambooos $20 for playing after they came all the way from Germany (where they get $1000 to play). Nice howdy do.

Maybe this should be on the "does anyone make a living playing surf music?" thread...

-Ted

Page 1 of 1