Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Boss Stingrays Update

Page 1 of 1

Hello all-I haven't been here for a while. The Boss Stingrays are back as a 3 piece as of December 2022. Al had to bow out as his left hand was beginning to develop problems. We were fortunate enough to be able to send him off properly by having him play his last show opening up for The Surfrajettes with us last November. It was a tremendous show and I sincerely believe that the girls were diggin' our sounds as they walked through the venue........We remaining three have been busy and we are beginning to find our groove after all the obstacles...Here is a pic from The Tiki Lounge a few weeks ago. The second pic is from The Thunderbird Cafe before that.......Notice the Bigsby-equipped Telecaster.......

Last edited: May 02, 2023 18:53:37

Über cool. Glad to hear that you’re able to keep moving, as a trio. I’ve always thought the a Tele with a Bigsby would be great for Surf.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Thanks man-perhaps I'll find a video of the Tele in action.......It can produce an entire variety of sounds-from Dick Dale to Brian Setzer.....

Last edited: May 03, 2023 05:57:08

Here's one from The Bobby Fuller Four.......

Thanks for posting that. Nicely performed, and I for one, love that stripped down trio sound.

Bigsby Teles are very interesting axes. There is a Vega-Trem now made for Telecasters which looks interesting, but they aren’t exactly giving them away.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Please remind us where you are from.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

The Boss Stingrays definitely found their groove at Philly's back in March and it was fun sharing the gig with you guys. Hope we can do it again!

Thanks for all the interest-we are from Pittsburgh, Pa. And it was awesome to perform with The Eerie Invaders last March!!!! That was a great show.

Last edited: May 03, 2023 16:46:41

Hey TT, on that Thunderbird Cafe gig, what kind of bass guitar amp was being used. It recorded rather well.

Patrick

We were using another band's backline for that show-we believe it was a Markbass 112.

Page 1 of 1