Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Kinman Jaguar pickup problem ends with great result

Page 1 of 1

I fitted Kinman Jaguar Surf pickups in my Jaguar just over a year ago. All went well and pleased with the results, although I did play around with the Kinman suggested pot and cap values.

Anyway a few weeks ago the neck pickup went dead. I disconnected the wiring and measured the pickup resistance as zero.l emailed Kinman (it's the only means of contacting them in the Phillipines) and told them about the problem and asked what was needed to get a replacement. I was surprised to get a same day answer saying that they would replace the pickup free of charge under warranty. They also said this was an extremely rare occurrence.

Then I was again surprised when Kinman said since my order was placed when they only supplied 51mm pole spacing pickups available, they now they offer 3 different pole spacing pickups to give perfect pole string alignment, depending on the bridge spacing fitted. Kinman asked if I would like a 49.5mm pole spacing neck pickup as this was the best option for my Staytrem bridge. I immediately replied yes.

Kinman then responded that their new range of Jaguar pickup cover colours were slightly different to the old version that I have, and so they would also supply free of charge a matching 51.5mm bridge pickup cover to ensure a perfect match.

I thought it was worth posting this as it does confirm that Kinman are a quality company and really mean to provide a great pickup with great backup service. These are expensive pickups from the far east, so I hope this could set minds at rest when considering ordering.

Good info! I'm pretty certain I'll be getting a set or two down the line. Probably the punk jag ones, not the surf since everything is always too bright!

Daniel Deathtide

Page 1 of 1