Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Can anyone recommend a hard case for an Eastwood Sidejack Baritone? That they know for a fact fits

Page 1 of 1

Howdy partners. I have a Sidejack Baritone on the way from Eastwood and Eastwood has discontinued producing hard cases. Does anyone own a Sidejack Baritone and have a non Eastwood case that they have used for more than a few months so as to know that it fits well and doesn't push on the instrument in weird ways?

Due to some Baritone PTSD I have from buying a hard case for a Jaguar Baritone Custom. With my Jag Baritone in tow I wandered around Manhattan and Brooklyn looking for a case that would fit the awkward size of this fantastic instrument. Finally I got weak and desperate and entered a Guitar Center to find a Gator Case "All Bass Case" I think it was called. When I placed the baritone in there it was just the right size to let the headstock clear the neck support of the case and the offset body sat snugly in the body cavity of the case. The young man helping me went to the back to get a brand new one and when we opened it the interior color (which had been bright magenta on the floor model) was now a pumpkin orange. And the baritone would no longer fit. Same case model, but updated for that year. And I soon found out why they may have updated it. I need up taking the floor model and even with 20 mins of inspection and fiddling it was not very apparent to me at the time (although I am HYPER aware these days) that the case eeeeever so slightly applied uneven pressure at just the right places. Partially due to what I think was a design flaw that they remedied with the updated model, but also partially because of very subtle areas of the baritone and case not being exactly made for each other. And I must put that blame on myself for not having the knowledge at the time to understand what that could cause. What transpired was a heartbreaking dip in the neck just north of where it meets the body. No company that make necks would build one in that size/fret count because its extremely rare. I had the neck heat pressed twice and the High Priest of Fret Wizarding Matt Brewster, owner of 30th Street Guitars in Manhattan (inventor/All Around Amazing Dude/multiple patent holder on fret tools including the one he licensed to Stew Mac for the Fretbar Understring leveler which allows you to level frets while the tension on the stings in still on the instrument) managed to make it playable again.

BUT I am crazy insane about proper case fit now.

So... Eastwood Sidejack Baritone case.... anyone?

Page 1 of 1