Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink New Frankie and the Pool Boys 7" single on Hi-Tide Recordings

Page 1 of 1

I am thrilled to announce that we have new vinyl out! Two songs recorded with Evan Foster at his Seattle No Count Studio. You can buy the single directly from Hi-Tide Recordings, or listen to it on any of the streaming services.

The PR:
Frankie and the Pool Boys wanted to release a single of new material in between their 2021 best-of "The Wet Season," and their upcoming, fourth, LP. The two instrumental songs on this single are brimming with romantic optimism. "The Stargazers" was inspired by a story of two lonely, earthbound dreamers who found each other by observing phenomena that happened billions of light years away. The clean, echoey, lead guitar pays homage to the style of Hank Marvin and the Shadows. "Breathing Your Air" is the soundtrack for intimate discovery, written during Covid times, when the very act of sharing a breath was defiant and dangerous. New fans will be surprised that instrumental music can evoke a vivid mood and deep feelings, and allow for their own memories to guide the songs' narrative. Longtime fans of Frankie and the Pool Boys will immediately recognize the attention to song craft, the Stratocaster tones, and the atmosphere that swirls between the ears. The two songs were recorded during a tour stop in Seattle when the band made time to work with producer and guitarist Evan Foster (The Sonics, Boss Martians) at his No-Count Studios.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Cool, can’t wait to get this.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Great song. Reminds me of Pollo. Smile

I love it. Congratulations on this very fine release!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

You created another ear worm, I've had Stargazers stuck in my head for the last 3 days. Great work!!

This is an amazing single - I was fortunate enough to be able to listen to the tracks a while ago, but it's awesome to see this finally released. Great cover art and two amazing, brand new songs!

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

Very nice!

My latest LP Unknown Creatures by Otitis Media Records is available now on all digital platforms and colored vinyl. Listen and buy here: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/sysmalakian/unknown-creatures
Lessons, tabs and tutorials send an email to sysmalakian@gmail.com

Thanks for all the kind words! I was highly inspired for both of these songs. Please support the music, and the recording, release and promotion of it by buying the single, or purchasing a download. Links to everything in my first post.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Page 1 of 1