Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Concussions - eXXorsizing Our Demons: The Best Of The Concussions CD Out On Double Crown

Page 1 of 1

The Concussions - eXXorsizing Our Demons: The Best Of The Concussions CD (Double Crown)

XX. Double ecks. 2xX. The Concussions are at the big two-oh, one of those numbers you just gotta celebrate with one of them, whaddayacallit, retrospectives. It’s been a two-decade journey for this skullfaced and brain-damaged instrumental quartet, who’ve gone from weird to weirder, from loony to goony, from Guano to Moonballs, like no one else could, would or should. They’ve stirred pickle-tickling ’60s pop, slick dim-lit gimlet lounge and fizzy sizzling surf rock into their spumescent sonic brew. They’ve buzzed on hifi/lo-fi fee-fi oui-fi (but never wifi) vibes and tawny analog tones humming with yummy amp buzz. They’ve aged like fine wine and made sure the party was always hardy. And now they stand at the bottom of the crater of their deuce-decade anniversary, celebrating with 22 champagne gems plucked from their discography, and two fresh new tracks, tickled and twaddled, curated and ribbed right here for your pleasure.

Tracks: Put Your Head On My Shoulders - Guano - The Lucky Mosquito - The Iron Giant - Think Pink - Stiletto - Mod Monster - Dreamsickle - Phantom Limbs - Mrs Beasley's Lament - Champagne Problem - How To Strip For Your Girlfriend's Girlfriend - Burger Crunch - Wray Conniff - Morning Breath - Wolfie - Hairy Son - Pump City - Trouble Gum - Moonballs - Polyester Fester - Whack Job - In A Mystic Mood - Ribbed For Your Pleasure

Order From Double Crown Records - $14.75

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

Last edited: Nov 05, 2022 01:21:55

Page 1 of 1