Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
319 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
247 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
247 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
167 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
114 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
68 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
1 day ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink FS: MJT Esquire Tele - CAR Nitro, Brazilian board, Cavalier, Mallory, Kluson…

Page 1 of 1

Selling a freshly-built Esquire/Telecaster. Playability is excellent, and the tone gives you that classic Fender Tele tone but with more beef and a modern bridge.

Specs include:
- Body is an MJT finished alder body by Guitar Mill in Candy Apple Red nitro lacquer. This CAR is gorgeous! Body weight was about 4.6 pounds.
- Neck is also finished by MJT in nitro and features a Brazilian rosewood fretboard, a comfortable C profile that is approximately 0.82” at the first fret. Extremely fast and playable.
- Cavalier Fat Lion pickup - Great Tele bridge that delivers twang and attitude in spades!
- Gotoh modern six-saddle bridge
- Kluson Deluxe tuners
- Controls are handwired with cloth pushback wire and feature CTS pots, Mallory capacitors, and an Oak Grigsby switch, topped off with Callaham knurled knobs.

Neck specs:
Musikraft neck finished by MJT
9.5” radius
“Thin” C-2 79-89 Muskraft profile
Musikraft 6105 frets
Brazilian rosewood board per Mark Jenny
1.64” nut width
0.82” at first fret
0.95” at 12 fret

This is wired as an Esquire with the “Eldred” mod for a “cocked wah” sound in the forward position. It’s the most versatile single-pickup guitar I’ve ever played and provides great tone whether it’s clean, bluesy or just downright nasty.

The body is routed for a neck pickup and has been fully shielded with copper tape. So if you want to convert it to a two-pickup Tele, you just need a pickup, a standard pickguard and some soldering time on the controls to switch it over, and I used and 8-hole guard so it would be ready to convert.

Finish is beautiful is in very good condition overall. This is a relatively thin finish and should wear in nicely, but so far it's very clean - A few check marks in the cutaway and at the output jack, and a couple small chips by the output jack and one of the ferrules during installation.

This is overall in excellent condition, plays and sounds fantastic. I primarily play shorter scale lengths and have another Tele with sentimental value, so this is up for grabs.

Asking $1200 shipped or best reasonable offer. Happy to provide more pics or details upon request. Also willing to separate body/neck if you'd like to roll your own.

Join Australosurfecus on: The Web | Facebook

Page 1 of 1