Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Vibroverb 10" Speaker Suggestions?

Page 1 of 1

Getting the parts together for a Brownface Vibroverb (6g16) build and am trying to pick a pair of 10" speakers.

I'm looking for something that is tight and snappy retaining a clear bass. prefer Alnico, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

I’d give Warehouse American Vintage series 10” a listen. They have several models of varying wattages, so it might depend on how much cone cry or clean headroom you want.

I heard these speakers in a diy 2x10 combo with a blackface bandmaster. I was impressed enough to feel the need to look at the speakers. Really fender-y, in a good way

Jill Martini & The Shrunken Heads

I had a Winfield Typhoin with a Weber Blue Pup 10” that sounded great for Surf.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

I have one of the warehouse g10 c/s in my 2x10 cabinet underneath the 6g2 princeton. it’s loud and very punchy and precise. it’s mated to a weber 10” (10F150) ceramic. that cabinet does surf very well, though the warehouse is a lot louder than the weber.

my 6g4 super clone is getting an alnico weber and an alnico jensen p10q.

for alnico I’d do a jensen p10q flavor or some american webers. ceramic, i’d do legend 10”s or the warehouse.

THAT said. Jonny from Jonny and the Shamen had a 90s vibroverb reissue and got a lovely drippy live surf sound with that amp. I’m not sure what those speakers were.

Last edited: May 22, 2022 03:02:45

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll take a look at the Warehouse and Weber 10" speakers.

I use to have a Warehouse ET-65 and Veteran 30 in a 2x12 with a Hiwatt style head, I never really warmed up to that rig, very dry and stiff. Then again I'm not a fan of Vintage 30's.

How do the Jensen compare to the Webers?

I kept hearing good things about Fat jimmy speakers. Both ceramic 10". The C1025 is lighter, less wattage handling. The C1060 heavier. Took and chance and ordered both for a light, 2x10 open backed pine cab. Right out of the box they sounded so good. Clear, warm and punchy. Great speakers!

Page 1 of 1