Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Pollo Del Mar, and Wave Electric from Italy, this Sat. So cal, free

Page 1 of 1

I DJ at 8,
Bands at 9

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This is a very special show!

A MuSick Recordings showcase!

A rare appearance by Pollo Del Mar, in anticipation of their new full length coming soon on MuSick and the very first US appearance of Italy’s Wave Electric, also building up to their debut full length on MuSick!

The Barkley (1400 Huntington Drive) is an intimate old-school red vinyl booth and wood paneling vibe restaurant in South Pasadena with a full menu and bar. It really is quite a comfortable place to hear/see a show!

Don’t miss this one!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Can’t wait,
Hope to see many there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022 09:13:52

Tonight!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I drove down from the Bay Area for this show, and for Slacktone, in Long Beach the next day. What an epic weekend of music!

Dj Big Tiki Dude set the mood, before, in-between sets, and after the show with his excellent selections.

Wave Electric were incredibly high energy, and enthusiastic. Dusty Watson was sitting in on drums, and nailed every song! Looked like he was occasionally getting cues from the bass player, and never missed a beat. These guys play really well, play with passion, and have excellent songs. And they are among the nicest people you could ever meet, and very talented musicians. Keep an eye out for this young band. Their upcoming album on Musick Records is going to be killer.

Pollo Del Mar, as expected, blew the doors down! Granted, I'm biased, them being, for me, a local NorCal band, but they're easily on of my top 5 surf bands. This set was largely older material, but they did about 4 new tunes from their upcoming record, also on Musick. Inner Sunset, San Quixote, and Golden State were outstanding, and their Rolling Stones surf tribute, Surfin' With Keef (complete with Jono on 5 string open-G tuned guitar, and Jeremey playing in Charlies impeccable style) rocked the house. I laughed when Ferenc said, "Now we actually have a Pollo Del Mar song that people can dance to!" The Band was tight, from the opener, Annabelle Lee, to the last chord of the closing Rumble. Kudos to PDM for yet another phenomenal show.

The surf community was out in force, with quite a few (but not enough) SG101 members there. Forgive me if I forget anybody: Doug Snyder drove down from Reno; Lewis Bailey, Terry Carragher (aka Needs More Reverb) and I were down from NorCal. We had plenty of surf royalty in the house, including Yebo from the Tremolo Beer Gut, Draculina, Chris Barfield, the omnipresent Jonpaul Balak, Dave Arnson, and Jeff Hanson, Jim Bacchi and Pablo Baza from Tikiyaki, obviously Dusty and the band members of both bands, Art Bourasseau, DJ extraordinaire, Clint Beachwood, and probably others that I'm unfortunately forgetting. Surf was alive and well in Pasadena on Saturday night, and there was a lot of love in the room, among the attending surf community. Onward to Slacktone, in Long Beach, the following afternoon. (See the separate thread.)

Bob

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022 02:31:20

Cool, thanks for the Review Bob,
So cool you could make it down.
It was a good night, but agreed on not enough surf fans.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Any videos for those of us from the East Coast?

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Page 1 of 1