Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
326 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
152 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
8 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Budget Reverb Solution

Page 1 of 1

I was experimenting with my TC Electronic Hall of Fame Mini a couple of nights ago, testing out some of the TonePrints they offer. I stumbled upon a TonePrint that Steve Morse had attached his name to simply entitled Spring. It turned out to be excellent, with plenty of drip and more than a little drip. For someone on a budget, this is about as inexpensive as it gets, a Hall of Fame Mini can be found on the used market for well under $100.

While on the subject of pedals, I recently tried the MXR Sugar Drive, which was surprisingly good. It’s meant to be a transparent overdrive and not really a high-gain monster. I found that at lower “Drive” settings, it did a pretty good job of imitating that grit of a turned-up Brownface Showman. It’s one of the better solutions I’ve heard, and once again, not all that expensive. I wouldn’t recommend it for a high-gain, ultra saturated sound, but for lower levels of overdrive, it really shines.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

the hall of fame mini is surprisingly good. will have to check out that steve morse spring

cosmonaut wrote:

the hall of fame mini is surprisingly good. will have to check out that steve morse spring

For the money, it’s quite good.

One can spend almost any amount of money in the pursuit of reverb perfection. It’s hard to beat a 6G15, but not everyone is willing to spend that much. The Surfy Bear is very good and well worth the money, but once again, not everyone is willing to spend that much. A pedal, even the best pedal, is a compromise, but they can do a surprisingly good job.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Page 1 of 1