Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Hawaii FIVE-0 (cover) - our last song for the month of May

Page 1 of 1

Hi all,

Hawaii 5-O is definitely a cool song and when I found out it was the Ventures doing the TV drama series main theme, I was quite pleasantly surprised, because I don't remember any of the episode at all despite I used to watch it like every week! But, I didn't forget about the drama main theme! Who would forget a tune like this back then?! Just that it was quite a pleasant surprise when I found out after decades that it was the Ventures doing it!

My little girl Mina was trying to dial in a tone by just using a Fender pre-amp and added a bit of the reverb and a bit of overdrive. Then later on, I think she was messing around with her original solo track recording with the EQ, added more treble to it and all and added it on top of her original recording. She says studios/ record companies sometimes add two tracks on top of the original guitar solo track to produce a certain tone/sound. I said, "where did you hear about that?" She said she has been trying to "reproduce" a guitar tone of a certain band (ok, Ax7, which I am, not familiar with at all) and later on she found out the music record version might not be the same as the live concert version, and this is reason. I said to her, "Oh, I see I see." Didn't know what else to say, but I am quite happy she is exploring more than I do.

Hope you like our version of the Hawaii FIVE-O, especially with the awesome extended drum solo in the middle. Wink

Cheers!

The Royal Aces from Denver give it two thumbs way up!

fenderfan wrote:

The Royal Aces from Denver give it two thumbs way up!

Thank you from The Cotton Kids of Macau ;))) Am glad you like it!

Page 1 of 1