Shoutbox

Clint: “Surf Music Videos” channel on YouTube. If you like, please subscribe. Thanks! https://www....
298 days ago

oestmann: Hello!
222 days ago

Mrblob4: Help, quarantine is hell
215 days ago

dh4: FENDER MARINE
202 days ago

bigtikidude: Cheers
114 days ago

elbortobandito: surfybear trem power
113 days ago

BlindBlake: surf music discography
108 days ago

thewhipandthebody: It's MONDAY! Smile
106 days ago

2nanfer: Guys asking for help bc of quantine, 144 days ago. Uh-Oh
71 days ago

sysmalakian: Surf's up!
70 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

51%

51%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Fender '63 Reissue Reverb Unit Prices

Page 1 of 1

I was looking to pickup a used reissue Fender '63 Reverb Unit... when did used prices hit $1000+ ? These use to be $300-$450 all day. (Kind of like those FRV1 inflation prices) NOW, just because used Fender 63 Reverb units are priced at $1000+ doesn't mean they are selling Smile

Last edited: Apr 05, 2021 16:32:08

Everything is crazy right now for any type of collectible. In this case, they're out of production. In general, supply chains have been disrupted for more than a year now. A lot of people have been stuck inside during this mess and they're getting antsy. And this has precipitated the old "Omigod, if I don't get one now, I'll never be able to get one." And in the US, a good chunk of the population just got $2000 handed to them, regardless of whether or not they needed it. So I'm not convinced that the long-term outlook has changed that much.

If you look at the reverb.com price graph for the last 3 years or so here - https://reverb.com/p/fender-63-reverb-unit-reissue-1994-2016 - it just looks to me like an average of around $500 with some pretty wild swings over the last year. Look at the low average prices last March and before Xmas 2020.

Askin' ain't gettin'. We'll see what happens, but I'm not buying into this "Gotta have one" mentality. Hell, I need nothing anyway. None

The Delverados
Kristi Jean and the Ne'er Do Wells and Facebook
Chicken Tractor Deluxe and Facebook

covid era pricing is insane on everything. pretty crazy (the pedal market is in its own absurd renaissance right now) i just build my own cloned fender gear these days for less than half the price all in.

if I had time I'd build a few reverb units to let go for cheap.

you could always ride the surfybear wave. the new blue "metal" version is quite the looker.

Page 1 of 1