Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Signal chain question

Page 1 of 1

Good morning, I have a 6G15 going into the front of an amp. If I were to add a reverb pedal, should it go: guitar, pedal, 6G15, amp? Or should I be going into the 6G15 first?

This amp has no effects loop BTW. Otherwise I’d probably use the pedal there.

Thank you.

I want to hear Caravan with a drum solo.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021 11:13:48

Reverb on the reverb? I love it! I was recently experimenting a similar thing with compressors coming before or after the 6G15 tank. I found a lot more reverb happening when the compressors came before the tank, which I didn’t really like. Super long tails, but I could hear the notes clearly. But I’d rather have shorter tails and have the compressors affect the reverb-ed signal. A little less “clear” on the notes but nice short tails.

What do your ears tell you about each set up?

Daniel Deathtide

I always put my pedals before the tank.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

there's no real wrong answer. lately I have my tank before digital reverb and my delays. the tank is actually in a bypass looper with a 30dB boost after it to bring the tank level up to unity when engaged.

i use a really ghostly digital hall reverb with a band pass filter (400-1khz) after the spring tank for some washy ambience.

I heard about the FRV-1 and 6G15 trick from Frankie Blandino. Earlier, I tried it with the pedal after the tank, didn’t sound too appealing but thought I might try the other way around. Think I might grab a couple beers and play around some more tonight.

Ben can you describe the trick for us who didn't read about it?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

It stems from a brief convo I had with Frankie where I asked what other effects he used on the first 2 records - the reverb on some of the tracks is pretty deep. He mentioned that he also used an FRV-1, along with 6G15, on some tracks. I didn’t ask for too many details out of respect. But I figured I’d give it a try too and see what happens.

I'm certainly no Frankie Blandino (but I am a big fan) I do something similar. I run from the guitar to my pedals, Boss tuner + DD-3 delay + FRV-1 then to outboard reverb unit, then the amp. For most tunes the FRV is off but if I want some super deep drippy reverb I kick on the FRV for the extra boost. I've been thinking of adding one of Mel's "drip switches" to the outboard reverb unit for the added flexibility of being able to reduce reverb level without having to adjust by hand.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021 15:39:31

Page 1 of 1