Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Instro Original Release By Martin Blasick

Page 1 of 1

"Squid From Madrid" is my debut release as an instro artist.
Spotify
Amazon Music
Apple Music
Deezer
Pandora
YouTube
Bandcamp

Instrumental music was my first love but I've only released vocal music for all these years. It's a new beginning that's bringing me a lot of joy. I bought a Teisco in about 1996 from a pawnshop in Hot Srings, Arkansas on a cross country trip. It's the one with the monkey grip. Even way back then it was vintage. It's getting the lead role in Squid From Madrid.

The drums are played by a talented multi-instrumentalist and friend, Kevin Darish. The song is brand new; I wrote it last summer. But I pulled the drums from a jam session that had happened years before that was recorded on a 4 track minidisc. The drums are only kick and mono overhead. I pulled them into my session and did some editing to make them fit my new song. It was very pleasant to see them pulled out of the dust bin and get put to use.

The whole album is mostly recorded. But the guys over at cdbaby recommend releasing a string of singles to feed the Spotify algorithms. So that's what I intend to do. There's going to be a string of releases coming out.

Much appreciation the the surf music community and specifically to everytone here at surfguitar101. This place opened my eyes to a wonderful niche. It turns out there's a bunch of other guitar heads who love surf/spy/exotica/tiki/insto/spaghetti western sounds. I appreciate any listens, hearts, follows and that sort of thing. I made sure to put it on bandcamp too.

Squid From Madrid - New Single on Bandcamp
MB Website

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021 23:16:20

Page 1 of 1