Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
248 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
248 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
168 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Help With Amp Selection

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

The reverb on this deluxe blows The surfybear to pieces in my opinion. It’s a really nice sound. I’ve played around with the surfybear but I jest end up using the amp reverb. The surfy does give some drip, but I’m not bowled over at all. I might look for a vintage box down the road if I stumble onto one. But the vintage deluxe was a GREAT choice. Thanks for everyone’s help. You guys are awesome!

Addendum... I’m dumb. I didn’t take all of the foam out of the unit from shipping. Afterwards the surfybear is AMAZING!

Lagoon_Mummy wrote:

Addendum... I’m dumb. I didn’t take all of the foam out of the unit from shipping. Afterwards the surfybear is AMAZING!

You're far from the first person that has made that mistake. My Tube Reverb RI has a clamp that holds the reverb an in place when you are moving the amp. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to release that clamp.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Last edited: Nov 04, 2020 21:19:12

Lagoon_Mummy wrote:

The reverb on this deluxe blows The surfybear to pieces in my opinion. It’s a really nice sound. I’ve played around with the surfybear but I jest end up using the amp reverb. The surfy does give some drip, but I’m not bowled over at all. I might look for a vintage box down the road if I stumble onto one. But the vintage deluxe was a GREAT choice. Thanks for everyone’s help. You guys are awesome!

Hi, are you the same person who wrote us an email for assistance, talking about the onboard deluxe reverb? Anyway I am glad you found out Smile usually we have a RED sticker on the bottom saying to remove the foam. There has been a batch of reverb units recently without that.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

synchro wrote:

Lagoon_Mummy wrote:

You're far from the first person that has made that mistake. My Tube Reverb RI has a clamp that holds the reverb an in place when you are moving the amp. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to release that clamp.

ALL Fender reverb units have the locking clamp. Noone is actually sure if it's really working Smile but this is old story. The clamp contrast with a piece of foam glued to the front panel of the reverb unit so that when closed the springs are padded and protected. But that piece of foam disintegrates easily leaving quite some dirt, especially on the old units.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

Yes. It was me. Thanks for the quick response. There was no sticker on mine but it’s all gravy now. I can’t believe how sweet this thing is. I thought the foam was there as a bumper so to speak. I feel dumb. Haha. Anyway, like I said, now I get what all the praise is about!

Mahalo

Lagoon Mummy does it have to be a Fender Amp? There
are others like Tone King, Swart, Victoria, Top Hat
Gooodsell, and Vintage Sound.

Lou D

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3