Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink My modified Player Jaguar.

Page 1 of 1

This is my modified 2019 Fender Player Jaguar. I've put a lot into it.. I probably could have just bought a new Vintera.. But I'm having fun with it. I get to make it just how I want it!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020 06:10:50

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020 05:59:26

Very nice, Chumbucket! I dig that color with the tortoise shell pick guard. What mods did you do?

Bob

Thank you RobbieReverb!
Mods so far:
-WD 4ply tortoise shell pickguard
-American Professional Jaguar control plates
-Kluson Contemporary locking tuners
-American Vintage 62 mute (works great!)
-American Professional bridge
-2017 American Professional Jazzmaster tremolo
-Budda Jaguar pickups (Sound Great!)
-Fender Pure Vintage 60's string tree
The 3-way switch and pots are the ones that came with it. The switch on the upper horn is non-functional right now. I do have it wired like a Tele. I have new electronics on order. It's basically going to be wired like the American Professional Jaguar, but with 1 meg pots and what not.
I got everything from Reverb. I love that site.

This is the wiring I'm thinking of doing. Does anyone see any reason it wouldn't work? Also, would a treble bleed work? Or even be necessary? I forgot to draw in the ground wire to the tremolo. But it will be there.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020 08:02:13

I also dig the blue body with tort pickguard - an awesome look.

Looks like the phase switch should work. I've got a Mustang with phase switching, and it's cool to have that option and it makes for an interesting tone, but for some reason I never seem to use it much when actually playing songs. Is there a reason you chose phase switching versus some other mod? On my Mustang, I've also wired it for series/parallel, and I really like the series setting - gives it a fuller, louder sound that I find useful.

edwardsand wrote:

I also dig the blue body with tort pickguard - an awesome look.

Looks like the phase switch should work. I've got a Mustang with phase switching, and it's cool to have that option and it makes for an interesting tone, but for some reason I never seem to use it much when actually playing songs. Is there a reason you chose phase switching versus some other mod? On my Mustang, I've also wired it for series/parallel, and I really like the series setting - gives it a fuller, louder sound that I find useful.

Honestly, I just want that switch to have a function. I never messed with any switches on my cij Jaguar, other than the pickup switches. But I don't want to just keep it as a dummy switch.

I like the rhythm cicuit on my old Jaguar because I like the dark, thick tone it creates, which I find useful for other styles of music. But since you've got a single switch there, you'd have to do major work to recreate that, though you could simply use that switch for a capacitor or resistor to change the tone. Otherwise, I'd vote for series/parallel unless you really dig the out of phase sound.

If I'm not mistaken, your 4-way switch gives you parallel and series combination of neck and bridge PUs.

I used to have an out of phase switch on a Strat, but the sound was too thin, and I changed the wiring to something more useful. So, I'm also not a fan of that option.

If it were me, I'd go for a double throw switch with center off. One direction would take some volume off the bridge PU and the other direction some volume off the neck. This would give you two new tones for each of the series and parallel settings. You'd have to play with resistor values to get the right volume reduction for your taste.

If I'd stop buying old guitars to fix, I might actually learn to play.
Bringing instruments back to life since 2013.

Page 1 of 1