Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Debut Release from Diesel Marine

Page 1 of 1

Hi everyone. Thanks to COVID-19 I was in a position to finally record my own reverb guitar instrumental album. The band is called Diesel Marine but I played every note. The album, called “Staycation”, is an eleven track journey through completely original surf and beyond. There is something for everyone ranging from trad sounding songs to deconstructed aquatic mood pieces. Please check it out. It’s not the same ol’ thing.

Staycation by Diesel Marine

The Vicissitones
Diesel Marine
The Rasputones

This is very nicely crafted, soothing music. Impressively done, especially since it's all you. This is a dreamy imaginary summer! I could see this being used as a soundtrack. Thanks for sharing.

I enjoyed it very much as well, a welcome change of pace beautifully done!

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Congrats! Great release.

Danger!! Death Ray
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
BandCamp

Thanks everyone for listening. Most of the music on there was written this year but one of the tracks has been kicking around since the summer of 2000 It took me a long time to get to point where I had the time and resources to do this. As well I could never quite get a band to do it this way without turning into a dictator and bumming everyone out.

For those interested, vast majority of the electric guitar sounds are a Gretsch Electromatic G5622 with the Super HiLotrons through a Surfy Bear kit reverb into a Quilter 101 Minihead (the old one with the unusual EQ) and 90 watt 112 Mesa cab. Occasionally I used a 90s MIM Stratocaster that has been upgraded. Nothing vintage or fancy.

The solo acoustic guitar on the first track "Secret Beaches" is a 1969 Guild D40 in player condition that my father recently handed down to me. The boxier, buzzy sounding acoustic on some of the other tracks is a Harmony H165 from the early 1960s.

My drums are modest but tuned. Cymbals are more expensive, different brands, old and dirty. The ride is 21" Sweet Ride and although I don't play them much on this record my HiHats are 25ish year old Paiste 2002s. The best hats I've ever heard. For those in the market, I really believe in those hats, particularly for recording.

The Vicissitones
Diesel Marine
The Rasputones

Page 1 of 1