Skiltrip: SurfyBear is Life
135 days ago

sysmalakian: HEY
7 days ago

BearJW: Hey groovy people!!
6 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

34%

34%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink cosmonaut's DIY thread

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

Received a warmoth neck for a fender xii tribute guitar. Ebony fingerboard on maple neck. I’ll be cutting the body myself sometime before the end of the year. Thinking firemist or shoreline gold.

This will be an affordable player guitar with the less inspiring gotoh bridge. Novak XII pickups.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021 01:09:27

Finally got to stress test the princeton at full volume in an empty concert hall. It rips. Time to finish the cosmetics and we’re done.

Last edited: Aug 02, 2021 20:19:12

Gorgeous, and looks like a ton of fun, especially with the chance to test it full bore!

rfcii wrote:

Gorgeous, and looks like a ton of fun, especially with the chance to test it full bore!

removed the negative feedback and ran it on 10 for two
hours straight. had a flir camera on the transformer and power tubes the whole time. nice and stable. i love this circuit so much.

Apollo Lunar (reverb) Module

Picked up a pair of surfy pans and decided to make another 6g15 reverb unit, this time influenced by the lunar modules. chose black fiberboard for the circuit for some 2001 monolith vibes, with a few related aesthetic choices forthcoming.

cosmonaut wrote:

Apollo Lunar (reverb) Module

Picked up a pair of surfy pans and decided to make another 6g15 reverb unit, this time influenced by the lunar modules. chose black fiberboard for the circuit for some 2001 monolith vibes, with a few related aesthetic choices forthcoming.

I like your way of thinking! That would look very good/modern/retro. Keep these images coming!

Frank

adding a compact convertible 1x15 tilt-back cabinet. choosing the right speaker will be tough.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021 16:21:33

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3