Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Aquasonics Live! Youtube Wednesday 6/10/20 at 7pm MST Thanks Texas Toast Guitars!

Page 1 of 1

The Aquasonics are playing a set LIVE! for the Texas Toast Guitars youtube page on Wednesday, 6/10/20 at 7PM MST.
https://youtu.be/7B4ggQCJNW8

Covid19 has brought our drummer, Kevin, back to Denver from Nashville for a short while, and for the last 3 weeks, we have been playing once a week. What better way to have some fun than share our enthusiasm with fellow surf lovers. We will be playing a 20 minute set live, on youtube. Follow the link above. If you can't watch live, Youtube archives these live videos, and is viewable afterwards as well.

Thanks to Texas Toast Guitars for allowing us to use their considerable following, and their page, to make this happen.

Hope to see you there!

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Last edited: Jun 09, 2020 21:35:56

That's great Chris! Looking forward to it. Rock

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Sounds fun! Awesome!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I enjoyed it. Very pleasant diversion from all the crap going on. Smile

Started checking out the video last night and quickly got threaded over to the purple flake video - had no idea you were part of Texas Toast.

Great to see that COVID actually was the reason y'all were able to get back together... it's been too much of the opposite for so many. I do hope COVID becomes a distant memory for all of us and real soon, but for the sake of the Aquasonics reuniting - may it linger just a little longer in your neighborhood only Wink

Thanks for posting the links here for the rest of us to check out!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Has anyone from SG101 seen it (Besides Fady and wfoguy)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020 21:13:26

I’ll watch later tonight

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

I’ll watch later tonight

That wasn’t the question, but you gave me an answer. Smile

I caught it just now. Thanks for the cover, Chris. Great to see you guys back in action. I really enjoyed that!

Looking forward to a trip out that way when I can drop by the Aquasonics' Shack, toss back a few and catch up with you and Maui.

Cheers and best reverbs,

ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

This is going to be a ramble.

a little preface - I'm involved heavily in a youtube channel called "Texas Toast Guitars". we have about 20,000 subscribers (and growing rapidly) who watch our videos about making guitars, and playing guitars, and having fun......
We do lots of live videos, and get lots of traction with many of those videos......

The original idea was to get what very well might be The Aquasonics last performance on video. Drummer Kevin had moved to Nashville last Sept. to be a real musician, and only because of Covid19 was he back. We played the previous 3 weeks before because we were all going crazy.

I wanted to document the last time. I thought about recording it, but I knew I would never edit/post it. Then, I thought about posting it live. I knew that if I set it up thru facebook, my audience would be small.

Then I thought about promoting it thru the Texas Toast Guitars page. We have a dedicated following of people who love guitars, and music. To post live videos, you have to have over 10,000 subs. Bingo! I knew we had some pull, and I figured "what the hell".
I set it up a couple days before, promoting it thru youtube and facebook (all free) and we did it live, with my iPhone, and a cheap mic from Amazon.

I was, frankly shocked at the response . As of this date, 7/14/20, over 1700 specific individual views. And, I was shocked at he positive feedback I've received since then. Dozens of comments about how cool it was, and how it brought back memories, and, how "I don't like surf, but this was great!" Even a few "I really like this, I'm going to find out more!" Some of the comments even made it seem like I'm a good guitar player! HA!

It made me feel really good. I know we aren't the best surf band in the land, or even the second. Or 102nd. I know we don't play a bunch of new age songs that the SG101 crowd think are cool. But, we had a blast, and we turned on more than a few to surf music. I also know that if I had posted it on the bands regular youtube page, we'd have about 35 views. that's a fact.

It wasn't without problems. our internet speed wasn't up to the task, and if I had it to do over, I would have given us more time to sound check. I also would not have stood in front of Drummer Kevin. But, all things considered, I'm more than happy with the results.

So, what's my point in this rant? I guess, if you want surf to continue, figure out new ways to promote it. Venture outside the norm and see if you can align with someone with some real "Juice". Can you imagine what would happen if someone with a page that has 100,000 subscribers had The Madeira play? Or 200,000 subs with Satan's Pilgrims?

Texas Toast Guitars will do more of these in the future, especially in these times . And, since we'll do something more mainstream than surf, it will be even bigger. Big Grin

By the way, all of this was free to post, and do. We all met at our normal rehearsal space on our normal rehearsal night, and did it. And, the next time I get the chance to do it, with just a little more effort, I'll end up with an even better product.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020 20:57:02

Page 1 of 1