Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

elbortobandito: surfybear trem power
298 days ago

BlindBlake: surf music discography
294 days ago

thewhipandthebody: It's MONDAY! Smile
292 days ago

2nanfer: Guys asking for help bc of quantine, 144 days ago. Uh-Oh
256 days ago

sysmalakian: Surf's up!
255 days ago

taku: sale
169 days ago

Skiltrip: SurfyBear is Life
162 days ago

sysmalakian: HEY
34 days ago

BearJW: Hey groovy people!!
33 days ago

ProfRadar: SurfyBear compact
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

34%

34%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink TradSurf is Back! The Evanstones release "1961"

New Topic
Page 1 of 1

Hi, all! Greetings from the PNW! Honored to be amongst our burgeoning surf scene with the rest of the talented bands & proud to call Seattle home. (Sit tight for our fellow bands' releases coming out later this year & next!)

Announcing our BRAND NEW 13 track full-length album, '1961' out now on Sharawaji Records on digital download ($8!) and available for pre-order on CD.

If you like tradsurf, spy, 60s hot rod, or spaghetti western, then we have a track for you on this album!
If you've got a few minutes, please visit the-evanstones.bandcamp.com and take a listen.

image

the-evanstones.bandcamp.com

www.instagram.com/theevanstonesSURF

Last edited: Jun 02, 2020 00:03:02

Awesome! I can't wait to give it a spin!!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-
The Seatopians on Altered State of Reverb
The Seatopians on bandcamp
The Seatopians on Facebook

giant robot Richard 1999-2002
grR on Bandcamp
grR on Facebook

zunrj5 wrote:

Awesome! I can't wait to give it a spin!!

Thanks, John. We're big fans of your latest release. Great work guys! Gotta keep the Pacific Northwest showing strong!

the-evanstones.bandcamp.com

www.instagram.com/theevanstonesSURF

Last edited: Jun 02, 2020 00:00:15

Great album, downloaded from Bandcamp today! Just how I want it to sound. Not how Surf should sound, that is up to each and everyone. But to my taste it is formidable!

Rustan,
Sweden

You guys sound great! I am listening to the album right now at work. Yes

Guitar player for The Driptones surf band.
https://www.driptones.com/

I am usually not a big fan of «lets make it as 60th as we can” but this one is awesome! Thank you!

Waikiki Makaki surf-rock band from Ukraine

https://www.facebook.com/waikikimakaki/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1sTg2JTKUZ3Vlu44gW2OYA
https://soundcloud.com/waikiki-makaki

Shock OMG! Shock
You guys have created an album I can listen to every song completely with out switching to the next song in line.
Your sound is so full and complete.
If I listen closely I can hear almost every band from SG101 that I love in your mix. It's like my favorite SG101 member sound and style mashup.
I know you're new here. Welcome.
Nice going on you music and the new album !!

Last edited: Jun 02, 2020 15:30:19

Shock Thanks so much for the purchase, Rustan!! Very humbled over here from people's good vibes for the record.:) Thanks so much for the kind words everyone! Means alot to us.

the-evanstones.bandcamp.com

www.instagram.com/theevanstonesSURF

Last edited: Jun 04, 2020 13:35:35

Fantastic, great sound and melodies! Purchased the Bandcamp digital album.

Instromania on Bandcamp

Congrats on the new record guys, sounding great!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF

Thanks for all the kind feedback. The CD should be shipping (from Seattle) this week. I think this is one of those albums that really works as a physical product. A lot of effort went into the design, and it really matches the sound.

Thanks to all the sg101ers who bought a copy.

Sharawaji Records - UK Registered Record Label Dedicated To Surf, Instro, Reverb and Twang
DripFeed.net - the Network for Surf Music Join Now
Surf Rock Radio - the World’s Number 1 Surf Music Station
Surf Music Radio - the World's Number 2 Surf Music Station
Monstromental - Pulp Horror Instro Surf Radio

Joelman wrote:

Shock OMG! Shock
You guys have created an album I can listen to every song completely with out switching to the next song in line.
Your sound is so full and complete.
If I listen closely I can hear almost every band from SG101 that I love in your mix. It's like my favorite SG101 member sound and style mashup.
I know you're new here. Welcome.
Nice going on you music and the new album !!

It’s funny, about a year ago I received a preview of around five second clips of each track and I thought the same thing. The whole album has been in my head ever since.

Dr Quisp Evans has one of the most impressive guitar collections I’ve seen. I’d quite like to know exactly what gear was used on each track.

Sharawaji Records - UK Registered Record Label Dedicated To Surf, Instro, Reverb and Twang
DripFeed.net - the Network for Surf Music Join Now
Surf Rock Radio - the World’s Number 1 Surf Music Station
Surf Music Radio - the World's Number 2 Surf Music Station
Monstromental - Pulp Horror Instro Surf Radio

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020 11:52:57

Mike75 wrote:

Joelman wrote:

Shock OMG! Shock
You guys have created an album I can listen to every song completely with out switching to the next song in line.
Your sound is so full and complete.
If I listen closely I can hear almost every band from SG101 that I love in your mix. It's like my favorite SG101 member sound and style mashup.
I know you're new here. Welcome.
Nice going on you music and the new album !!

It’s funny, about a year ago I received a preview of around five second clips of each track and I thought the same thing. The whole album has been in my head ever since.

Dr Quisp Evans has one of the most impressive guitar collections I’ve seen. I’d quite like to know exactly what gear was used on each track.

Thanks so much, Mike!

The variety of surf styles was a happy accident! Laughing The two songwriters on the record are Quisp and Melkor, which explains why the songwriting has 2 distinct styles on this particular album contrasted to the past album releases. Another aspect that lends to the variations in guitar voicing style is Quisp/Melkor switch off on lead duty on whichever songs they penned. Which lends to the 'album within an album' feel. Was truly a duo effort!

Each track fluctuated with gear. If there's a certain track you're curious about, please ask away! I get it. We're all gear nerds here. Laughing

But, as far as guitar gear used for the sessions:
Quisp primarily used a 90s MIJ LE Blonde Fender Jazzmaster outfitted with Lollar pickups into a custom made 6g15 reverb tank through a vintage blackface Fender Bandmaster and vintage Fender Princeton. One track does utilize a Goya Rangemaster picked up from Mike and Mike's Guitar Bar here in Seattle. (If you ever find yourselves in Seattle, worth a visit!)

Melkor used a Classic 60s Fender Jaguar & a 90s MIJ Fender Jaguar into a RI Fender reverb tank through a Reissue Fender Vibroverb and silverface Fender Princeton

the-evanstones.bandcamp.com

www.instagram.com/theevanstonesSURF

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020 12:47:03

And I'm very happy to say that SRW667 The Evanstones - 1961 (180gm black vinyl LP) is now shipping direct from somewhere in the PNW. For those in Europe who want to save on shipping there will be copies sent from the UK in a couple of months.

We are really proud of this release, and a lot of thought has gone into making the perfect product to match the efforts of the band with incredible writing, musicianship and authentic sounds.

SRW667 The Evanstones - 1961

image
image

You can order the album on vinyl here - https://the-evanstones.bandcamp.com/album/1961

Sharawaji Records - UK Registered Record Label Dedicated To Surf, Instro, Reverb and Twang
DripFeed.net - the Network for Surf Music Join Now
Surf Rock Radio - the World’s Number 1 Surf Music Station
Surf Music Radio - the World's Number 2 Surf Music Station
Monstromental - Pulp Horror Instro Surf Radio

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021 21:31:11

An awesome record by a swell group of guys!!!

The Delstroyers
"Resurrected" 7" EP out now! BandCamp / Hi-Tide Recordings

Great album!
But since 'Great' Britain had this 'great' idea to separate from the rest of Europe, we also have to pay extra and unnecessary taxes for shipping.
Great Britain, thanks a lot for that, you f*ckos —

www.LosVenturas.be

I hear you LosVenturas. Brexit was bad for pretty much everybody. Could be worse though, you could work in aviation…

Anyway, we will have options for easier fulfilment of orders to Europe, probably around the end of October.

Sharawaji Records - UK Registered Record Label Dedicated To Surf, Instro, Reverb and Twang
DripFeed.net - the Network for Surf Music Join Now
Surf Rock Radio - the World’s Number 1 Surf Music Station
Surf Music Radio - the World's Number 2 Surf Music Station
Monstromental - Pulp Horror Instro Surf Radio

Thanks, keep us updated.
Cheers,
Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

The_Evanstones wrote:

Hi, all! Greetings from the PNW! Honored to be amongst our burgeoning surf scene with the rest of the talented bands & proud to call Seattle home. (Sit tight for our fellow bands' releases coming out later this year & next!)

Announcing our BRAND NEW 13 track full-length album, '1961' out now on Sharawaji Records on digital download ($8!) and available for pre-order on CD.

If you like tradsurf, spy, 60s hot rod, or spaghetti western, then we have a track for you on this album!
If you've got a few minutes, please visit the-evanstones.bandcamp.com and take a listen.

src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zQJ7Pw7ph6s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

image

Well, it worked. I just bought your entire catalog. The "Singles Bar" piece is amazing.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Page 1 of 1
Top