Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink FS: Gomez Surfer (SOLD!)

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

I just bought a new guitar and I need to move this guy!

Up for sale is my Gomez Surfer Head, G-Spring, & Cab. All matching blonde with oxblood grill cloth. The head is #20 of 40. This has been has been my main gigging rig for the last 2 or so years and has served me well. The cab is a 1x15 tone-ring, loaded with Eminence EPS-15c. Covers included. All have been gigged but not abused in the least. There is normal wear and tear but nothing egregious. There is a small dent and split in the tolex on the cab (detailed in a pic below).

Shipping was pretty hefty when I got it, but I’m sure a lot of that was due to the cab. I’m perfectly happy to split it up and not ship the cab, but I’ll ship it all if that’s a deal breaker. All prices are plus shipping (continental US only). Also, I’m willing to do a little driving is someone from the region wants to meet (I’m in Boise, ID).

As a package (head & cab) -$1900 OBO

Split pricing:

-Head - $1750 $1550 $1400 (SOLD)
-Cab - $650 $600
(SOLD)-G-Spring - $700(SOLD)

-John

The Seatopians 2017-
The Seatopians on bandcamp

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020 20:23:34

Gomez stuff seems to pop up for sale fairly regularly on the used market.

Shock woaw that's a gorgeous combo ! Aren't you happy with the sound ? Or selling for another reason

I'd take the cab, I have a Surfer head already and looked for the matching cab. But Idaho is too far unfortunately.

Good luck with the sale !

Yannick

Lead Guitar in Blackball Bandits : https://blackballbandits.bandcamp.com/
Solo project : https://thechollasurf.bandcamp.com/releases

The_Cholla wrote:

Shock woaw that's a gorgeous combo ! Aren't you happy with the sound ? Or selling for another reason

I'd take the cab, I have a Surfer head already and looked for the matching cab. But Idaho is too far unfortunately.

Good luck with the sale !

Thanks! It’s a great set up that sounds incredible, but my surf playing is winding down a bit and I have other amps that will get me there when I need the sound. I wish we were closer!!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

That rig rules!

Dre
Delstroyers Facebook
Delstroyers Bandcamp

Drecula wrote:

That rig rules!

It would (and did) sound great as a Delstroyers back line!! —

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

Heyo John, just sent you a DM about the G-Spring

-Alexander

ConanTheLibrarian wrote:

Heyo John, just sent you a DM about the G-Spring

-Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Reply sent. I’ll get some more pics posted of the tank posted soon.

Thanks,

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

More G-Spring pictures added to original post.

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

Price reduced!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

Hello, could you please tell me what the cab (with and without the speaker) weighs? Thank you.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Hello, could you please tell me what the cab (with and without the speaker) weighs? Thank you.

The weights are:

Cab ~58lbs
Cab unloaded ~50lbs

Weighed on a bathroom scale so weights are approx by a few ounces.

Thanks!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

Thank you for that information.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Reduced again!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

such a wonderful amp. They sound superb.

I have a Gomez Tahitian 100 Watt amp. Your price (especially the new one) is really fair, actually a great deal. Sadly, people's need for 100 watt amps is at an all time low. I hope you get the sale soon.

WaimeaBay wrote:

such a wonderful amp. They sound superb.

I have a Gomez Tahitian 100 Watt amp. Your price (especially the new one) is really fair, actually a great deal. Sadly, people's need for 100 watt amps is at an all time low. I hope you get the sale soon.

Thanks Dan - it’s much appreciated!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

No prob. The first time I heard the Gomez Surfer, I was blown away. I just could not believe how well Dario was able to do those showman clones.

I have 2 100 watt amps, The Gomez Tahitian and a Fender Twin Reverb Custom 15. (Maybe that is 85 watts?). If I didn't have those already, I'd buy the Surfer without even thinking twice. There are so few of them out there, and they are just the quintessential surf guitar amp. Eventually, someone who understands the value and rarity of the amp will scoop it up and you will have to live with the fact you may never be able to get another one No

In general, I empathize. I have not played much guitar in the past few years and have really downsized my MASSIVE collection. As in my other thread, I am even thinking about getting a Fender Champ and making a very simple home studio.

This thread has made me think about Dario a bit. I used to talk to him quite often. I actually was one of his first customers, if not the first when I bought the G-Reverb amp. I know he was in a really bad spot in life and hope he was able to pull things together and get back on track. It sucks that he was not able to capitalize of his gift.

Okay, I have really digressed. Best of luck!

Check your messages re: Gomez head.

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Still available! Someone needs this!!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

zunrj5 wrote:

Still available! Someone needs this!!

hey man can you give me your email or send me message to info@surfmusic.net? DANKE!

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

Goto Page: 1 2 Next