Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Hankocaster anyone?

Page 1 of 1

Like everyone else I think I'm done lockdown bored and scanning the web for interests!
Gosh I think the original JV neck on this honey is probably worth the sum of it's parts. Still, nice to look at the photos if nothing else.

THIS GUITAR

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020 01:07:51

A REALLY cool guitar! The wonderful Rapiers used that same model for a long time, the JV-series fiesta red Strat. You can just barely tell from the headstock in this photo, if you enlarge it:

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

I knew you'd respond Ivan!

It's good to see the IvanP avatar flying, I'm hoping you'll spend more time on the forum.. The world is in crisis and we need a super surf hero! Smile

Oh and don't forget Paul Rumble who has one of the largest collections of JV Stratocasters. He one was part of Jet Harris's backing band just before he died.

crumble wrote:

I knew you'd respond Ivan!

It's good to see the IvanP avatar flying, I'm hoping you'll spend more time on the forum.. The world is in crisis and we need a super surf hero! Smile

Big Grin Thanks, that's very nice. I'm trying to check in here more frequently. You may know I'm a college prof, and we migrated from in-person teaching to online teaching in the past two weeks, which I had never done before. It was a very steep learning curve, and even now that I've mostly figured it out, it's turning out to be much more work than normal. So, time and energy are in a bit of short supply at the moment. But I love this forum and really would love to see it get more active, so I will do what I can to contribute more again. Thumbs Up

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Page 1 of 1