Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Mark Malibu's Surfin' a Go Go Radio Show - 2 pm EST - on Surf Rock Radio

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5

A platform update broke one of the mount points to a relay, which is the stream that is picked up by tunein. We have had to block some unauthorised user agents that are “stream rippers”, and unfortunately there are some apps in the App Store/ google play using our stream without permission (and selling ads against our content).

The tunein relay will be fixed asap, however it does require a lot of debugging. In the interim please listen via www.surfrockradio.com or dripfeed.net/listen (where you can listen to four surf stations).

Mike

SurfNutDuke wrote:

Bummer.

TuneIn Radio no longer plays SurfRockRadio.com. It says "An unknown stream error occurred." Is there any way to fix this problem?

Would like to listen,
SurfNutDuke

Sharawaji Records - UK Registered Record Label Dedicated To Surf, Instro, Reverb and Twang
DripFeed.net - the Network for Surf Music Join Now
Surf Rock Radio - the World’s Number 1 Surf Music Station
Surf Music Radio - the World's Number 2 Surf Music Station
Monstromental - Pulp Horror Instro Surf Radio

At worst?!? Thanks. We would appreciate a link to the website so people can visit and look around, perhaps see some album art of new releases or maybe even… donate to help cover out operating costs.

If you listen via the official websites you can also request tracks.

sidecarbob wrote:

The player I use had the same problem. Turns out they changed the stream recently so I had to make the player find the new stream.
https://radio.dripfeed.net/radio/8020/radio.mp3

If you can't get TuneIn to find the new stream your browser should play it from the stream address or at worst you can always listen on the player on the SRR website....

Sharawaji Records - UK Registered Record Label Dedicated To Surf, Instro, Reverb and Twang

Don't get me wrong, I just meant that the website's player might not be as convenient as the app he usually uses, especially if he listens to other stations at other times.

But don't get me started about how out of date a lot of your website is....
And how frustrating it is that it doesn't have a schedule...

sidecarbob wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I just meant that the website's player might not be as convenient as the app he usually uses, especially if he listens to other stations at other times.

But don't get me started about how out of date a lot of your website is....
And how frustrating it is that it doesn't have a schedule...

You know what, you’re right. It’s just not good enough for the listening public. But unfortunately I have neuropathy in my fingers, and it’s difficult for me to control a mouse or trackpad. In order to keep our websites safe we need to perform security updates from time to time. And sometimes they break things. I’m pretty good with computers but for the past few weeks this has been beyond me.

Nevertheless I’ve gone and done it for ya! stayed up to nearly 2am to debug the relays. Enjoy those adverts on tunein. The schedule is visible again too.

Thanks.

HEY,... Im back! I got delayed this year as my 3rd bout of COVID seemed to take my voice away for everything except soft speech. CRAZY!!! However I'm chirping back at 80% now and the shows will commence. Next SUNDAY (June 4th)we'll have #402...on www.surfrockradio.com Mean time ...

May 7th - Show #401 of Mark Malibu's Surfin' a Go Go Radio Show

SETLIST:

Surfin a Go-Go Theme
Point Conception - Surf Raiders
Surf Bound - Surf Raiders
Steel Pier - Surf Raiders

Don't Call Me Flyface - Ichi-Bons
The Place - Pete King
Tarantula - The Elite U.F.O.

Dun Laoghaire - Magnatech
Barracuda - Beachcombers
Hotel St. Serenade - The Tikiyaki Orchestra

Kopout · The Hustlers
Surf Rat - The Rumblers
Twitchin' - The Pastel Six

Beat Girl - the Brood
Space Rats - The Hangee V
Galaxy A Go-Go! - Jerry Goldsmith

Devalons - Movin and Groovin
Devalons - 40 miles of Bad Road
Devalons - The Lonely One

The Babalooneys - Wide-Track Weekend
Painkiller - Kitten and the Tonics
The Swongos - Shayla Shadows

Lost Driver - Waikiki Makaki
Showdown - The Surf Hermits

Closing Tag - End of the Summer - Wasagas

I thought that was a new show. Glad you're back and even more glad to hear you're feeling better.

sidecarbob wrote:

I thought that was a new show. Glad you're back and even more glad to hear you're feeling better.

Thanks so much Bob. It was pretty weird. Every time I thought I was better POOF voice gone.... happy wife ! )

You're finally back and about 13 minutes into the show the stream went bad... Will they play it again next week (or at another time this week)?

sidecarbob wrote:

You're finally back and about 13 minutes into the show the stream went bad... Will they play it again next week (or at another time this week)?

Yes, that happened to me as well on Drip Feed, but I popped back over to Surf Rock Radio and all was good. Not sure what'll happen next week. Il ask Micheal to replay again if he can. THANKS for listening

Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5