Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
248 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
248 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
168 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
108 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
69 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Surf Rock PUBG Theme Cover

Page 1 of 1

Hi,

as part of the current PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds = a popular shooter game) theme cover contest I made a surf rock version of the theme.

Thought maybe this will cheer up some of you here on the board, who may be sitting at home in quarantine.

The second video is the original theme for reference for those who don't know the game.

Wow. Excellent! I was not familiar with the PUBG theme, so I listen to the orchestra version first. I was wondering how it could be translated to s surf arrangement and I have to say you nailed it! Your sound quality is great and kudos for the creative use of a kitchen utensil.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Well done man! I wish there were more surf like this. So much surf (modern and classic) is the same old covers done the same old way. Love this!! I really really love it. You're a super baddass.

Daniel Deathtide

I don't know the original theme, but you nailed a great surf performance!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Thank you very much for those big compliments SilverFlash, DeathTide and PolloGuitar, very happy you liked it!

I got the Jaguar only a few days ago (CIJ 2002) and thought about swapping out the stock bridge pickup because I felt it lacked a bit of that classic Jaguar sound. But listening to it recorded I actually really like it now and if I think about it all Jaguar sounds I knew are from records or I heard them via PA systems (ergo picked up via mic) so maybe I should give them some time to get along with first.

Regarding the frying pan: I included that as a little joke as you can pick up pans in that game as a slashing weapon if you don’t find pistol or rifles fast enough, haha.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020 14:01:40

That was really fun, nice job!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I only know the game by reputation, but great job on a cool tune.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Page 1 of 1