Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink SOLD! Fender Stratocaster ‘62 RI (MIJ 1984/85)

Page 1 of 1

Up for sale is a 1984/85 Fender '62 vintage reissue Stratocaster upgraded with a full USA wiring harness and Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s pickups. I picked it up at Mike and Mike’s Guitar Bar in Seattle last October. It’s a nice player’s grade example of an early Fender Japan reissue model with an "A" prefix serial number and a host of vintage-spec touches including a slab rosewood fretboard, pencil dated neck heel, correct early '60s neck shape, and alder body.

The electronics all work as they should and the entire harness is brand new. The Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s pickups are wired to 250K CTS pots, a three-way switch has been installed, along with a Sprague Orange Drop tone capacitor. I will include a Switchcraft five-way switch with the purchase. The vintage-style vibrato bridge and saddles show light surface patina. The block and arm have been replaced with a Callaham. The guitar shows an assortment of nicks and scuffs on the body as a whole, primarily on the back and lower bout edge. The "Made in Japan" text has been sanded off neck heel just north of the "A" serial four-bolt neck plate, yet this wear is not down to the bare wood and still has a satin feel.

Here is the original reverb ad for more details:Reverb ad

No hard case or strap. Fender gig bag included. SOLD $850 +shipping. Thanks for looking!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-
The Seatopians on bandcamp

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020 16:58:47

Price reduced.

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

Reduced one last time. Thanks for looking!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

Back up for sale $850

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

If I were to get a strat, that would be thee color combo

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

If I were to get a strat, that would be thee color combo

Thanks Jeff! After seeing Jonpaul’s P-bass in the same color combo, I got the itch!! I might just swap the p/u’s out and keep it if it doesn’t go soon.

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

Page 1 of 1