Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Rainger FX Minbar

Page 1 of 1

Not sure I'd want strange liquid concoctions going funky on my pedal board but I did enjoy Andy from Reverb.com's demo of this. If you're not aware, it's a distortion / fuzz pedal which you pour liquid into, different liquids create different tones...

Minibar demo

Possible responses:

WTF?

Well, that certainly solves a problem that has been plaguing surf guitarist since NEVER.

When high school science projects go wrong.

You put WHAT in my fuzz pedal!!??

I neither agree nor disagree, I simply wish I had read a different post.

Thanks for sharing, I think... At least it provided a few minutes of amusement.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

JFC, god forbid anything that's non-traditional surf music ever pop up on this site. Glad it was at least amusing.

I have one. It's a very good sounding overdrive, bordering on fuzz, depending on what you put in it. It's very reactive to whatever pick up setting the guitar is set to. And has an exceptionally low noise floor for the amount of gain it can produce. All in all it's a very nice sounding pedal that is totally usable for playing instrumental/garage style. It's only downside is that it's not very practical if you want to change the tone on the fly, of course.

Right now i'm really digging the DI water sound. So far i've tried tequila with salt, Chartreuse with bitters, water with alum powder dissolved into it, filtered and tap water. It's fun.

Last edited: Mar 05, 2020 21:52:54

It does seem rather ludicrous, but also fun to mess around with. It makes me wonder what kind of sensor is built into it. Is it just a couple of electrical leads that pass current through the liquid such that the most notable property is electrical resistance?

I know the Rainger guys. When I found out about this idea I thought it was great. WAY more fun and interesting than another Tube Screamer, Rat or Klon or whatever. Their other products do some fun stuff too.

There are two senors in there. Two sealed screw heads in the bottom of the container to act as contacts connected through the conductance of what you put in there. Then a row of LED's shines through the contents from one side of the container to Light Dependant Resistors on the opposing side.

I've seen it working on a lump of bubble gum jammed in there.

Page 1 of 1