Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Musicians & Gigs Wanted »

Permalink Guitarist in raleigh, NC looking for musicians

Page 1 of 1

I've been in a surf band called The Tequila Worms for over 10 years in So Cal but have since moved to North Carolina. I play guitar but can switch to bass no problem. Ive been playing for over 20 years on and off. Just really want to play surf again on the east coast this time.

www.thetequilaworms.com

Hey there, Rolando! I've seen the TWs a number of times, so I've surely seen you play. I've played the Research Triangle a couple of times at Instro Summit (RIP!!!), so many great memories up that way. Hopefully Cripsy Bess will check in and maybe know some people. He was the guy that put that event on and is generally... the best.

Hi Rolando. I've enjoyed your music with the Tequila Worms. Your move is a big loss for the Tequila Worms, and for the SoCal Surf community. Best wishes in finding musicians with whom to play in NC. I look forward to hearing your future projects.

Bob

Hi Rolando, and welcome to Raleigh. As I'm sure you've noticed, North Carolina is about as far from So Cal as you can get, especially from a music perspective. There's no real surf scene, but that doesn't stop any of us from playing a style we love. I know a talented guitarist who may be interested in trying to get something going, but I have no idea what his schedule is these days. He's on the '101 but damned if I can remember his user ID. LOL I'll send him some email today.

As others have mentioned, the Instro Summit (RIP) was our flagship event, but we still get the occasional wayward surf band come through town or nearby (Dick Dale, Messer Chups, Los Tiki Phantoms, Atomic Mosquitos, Mystery Men?, Daikaiju, etc.). And there are some great local-ish bands as well such as The Aqualads, Phat-Lynx (Crispy's post-Killer Filler project), Blood Red River, and a few I'm sure I'm forgetting.

LMK if you ever want to get together for lunch/drinks. Also, if you're in town on Saturday, May 30, El Mirage is playing Bottle Revolution (Lake Boone Trail, Raleigh) from 6-8.

-murph

http://www.reverbnation.com/elmiragesurf
http://www.reverbnation.com/aminorconspiracy

"I knew I was in trouble when the Coco-Loco tasted like water!" -- morphball

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020 08:08:22

Hi Rolando,
Welcome to the Triangle! I am located in Chapel Hill and it would be great to play some surf tunes - I sent you a PM; check it out and let me know if you're interested.

GregT

Thanks for replying guys. I sent you guys a pm.

www.thetequilaworms.com

Welcome to North Carolina Rolando.

I live on the NC coast (north of Wilmington) about 2 hours from Raleigh. If you're ever down this way or get a wild hair give me a shout. Perhaps we could kick it around for fun, or I do the occasional solo gig during the tourist season and would welcome the company. Maybe collaborate on some Surf standards (dual guitars).

I used to play with The Meteor Men and later The Meteor IV.

METEOR IV on reverbnation

Awesome! Hopefully I can come out there soon.

www.thetequilaworms.com

Page 1 of 1