Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink For Spaghetti Western fans - Red Dead Redemption 2's soundtrack

Page 1 of 1

My son and I got hooked to RDR2 when we got it for Christmas, and I recently picked up the soundtrack off Amazon. A lot of it is, well, wouldn't call it "minimalistic" but it's more atmospheric and orchestral. However, there's some really good SW style guitar on a few of the tracks, like "American Venom" or "Outlaws From the West".

This is a bit of a stretch, but speaking of soundtracks and atmospheric, check out this album I ordered from Sundazed just last night:

https://sundazed.com/a-sea-for-yourself-cd.aspx

A slightly different flavor of "wild west."

Bill Elm and Woody Jackson from the band Friends of Dean Martinez did a lot of the soundtrack for RDR1. And I think some on RDR2?

Great soundtracks on both, but I think I preferred RDR1 a little better.

Check out Friends of Dean Martinez. They are GREAT!

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

Here's a great example of some of their work on RDR1.
So atmospheric and creepy!

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

I love Friends of Dean Martinez. First album speaks to me more than the others but they’re all great. One time I recognized their sound playing in a commercial or tv show, that’s when I discovered more albums after Shadow Of Your Smile. Great great band. I will check out this soundtrack for sure!

Daniel Deathtide

I absolutely love the Red Dead Redemption franchise. They are, without doubt, my favorite games of all time. And the instro soundtrack to RDR2 is freaking fantastic. My fave is Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern. That song is so great, I can listen to it on repeat. Check it out below.

I’m also a huge fan of Friend of Martinez. I have all their releases, and for me it’s must listen on any road trips.

thanks for starting this thread!

I never played Red Dead Redemption, but at the time when I was still playing video games, I enjoyed another game, that had a great Spaghetti Western soundtrack: Lucastarts' Outlaws!

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 15:30:36

Oh man, I was playing Outlaws last weekend and it quit working on me for some reason! But yeah, great game.

simoncoil wrote:

I never played Red Dead Redemption, but at the time when I was still playing video games, I enjoyed another game, that had a great Spaghetti Western soundtrack: Lucastarts' Outlaws!

A big second to Outlaws. The game CD has playable music tracks that are dead on references to Ennio Morricone in the best way possible. I still play them to this day. A reboot of the game would be great.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021 23:37:30

I actually found my copy of Outlaws about a month ago and ripped the soundtrack

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Page 1 of 1