Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Walk Away Renee by PolloGuitar

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

So delightful! I really enjoy your playing and arrangement. Treats like this are why i love visiting SG101.com.

I put Ferenc's handwritten TAB into Guitar Pro 7 and, with Ferenc's kind permission, I uploaded a PDF of the TAB to SG101's Downloads area last weekend.

https://surfguitar101.com/downloads/details/860/

Ferenc has not reviewed my TAB for accuracy, so any mistakes in the translation to GP7 are mine. I feel good about my transcription of Ferenc's arrangement from the tab perspective, but Guitar Pro forces the tab into bars that adhere to a strict time signature, so I've given the actual note duration, rests, slides, etc. my best shot. I know it's not perfect, but it's close-ish. This is my first time using Guitar Pro and I have learned a lot. Over time I will probably be able to tighten up the rhythm. View it as a study aid with prettied-up tab notation as the main offering.

The best part of today was when I got a private message from Ferenc that read

PolloGuitar wrote:

please post in the thread about your awesome tablature!

Thank you, Ferenc!! Your encouragement means the world to me.

Here is a video that shows the tab and how it sounds in GP7.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Last edited: Mar 04, 2020 19:09:48

Wow, that tab software and midi-guitar video kind of blows my mind. Thanks for doing this, if it helps anyone then your time has been well spent.
The phrasing is good most of the time, but way off in others. And a few funky notes. Have a listen to bar 27 over the D chord.
Anyway, amazing!

SilverFlash wrote:

I put Ferenc's handwritten TAB into Guitar Pro 7 and, with Ferenc's kind permission, I uploaded a PDF of the TAB to SG101's Downloads area last weekend.

https://surfguitar101.com/downloads/details/860/

Ferenc has not reviewed my TAB for accuracy, so any mistakes in the translation to GP7 are mine. I feel good about my transcription of Ferenc's arrangement from the tab perspective, but Guitar Pro forces the tab into bars that adhere to a strict time signature, so I've given the actual note duration, rests, slides, etc. my best shot. I know it's not perfect, but it's close-ish. This is my first time using Guitar Pro and I have learned a lot. Over time I will probably be able to tighten up the rhythm. View it as a study aid with prettied-up tab notation as the main offering.

The best part of today was when I got a private message from Ferenc that read

PolloGuitar wrote:

please post in the thread about your awesome tablature!

Thank you, Ferenc!! Your encouragement means the world to me.

Here is a video that shows the tab and how it sounds in GP7.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Mar 05, 2020 20:04:31

Before Renee walks away completely, I had mentioned on page one of this thread that I was putting this song on my "songs to learn" list. Well, I finally put in some time and got it together. I'm going out on a limb here and posting my version. I ended up making my own backing track and I dubbed a second guitar in a couple of spots. I hope it's worth a listen.

https://rjonesphoto101.wixsite.com/music

Very nice Rob J- You picked up on some things that I missed.Definitely "worth a listen."

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Well done Rob ! Thumbs Up
I liked Rene walking away on the bridge as well. Nice touch !

Thanks for taking a look, guys. I spent far more time on making the video than I did on learning and recording the song.

I didn't feel that anything was "missed" on the PolloGuitar version. I like it a lot. Just interpreted in a different way in a couple of spots. Nothin' wrong with that. Smile

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3