Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink Wanted: Fender Cyclone II

Page 1 of 1

Looking to buy a Fender Cyclone II for my daughter. If anyone is considering selling one or knows someone who may have one for sale please let me know.

Thanks
Joe

Here's one on eBay.

Link

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019 09:53:26

Thanks TheFintastics, I did see that one but wanted to check elsewhere for alternatives since that is well above what Reverb showed as reasonable prices for one in very good or excellent condition. Plus there is the uncertainty of it shipping from Japan, although the shop looked very reputable. Hoping to find something stateside for a bit less as a possible Christmas gift since she likes to play jazz and surf music.

You're probably going to have to bide your time. These weren't made for long. My advice is don't pay an insane big fish-bait price. Just wait and a normal, sane person will have one for sale.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

The Cyclone II is a cool guitar, but they're pretty rare. I used to have a Squier Cyclone that I considered converting to a Cyclone II, but ended up selling it because I've got enough other projects. But if you were into modding, you could get a Squier version and convert it - with the swimming pool route, you wouldn't have to do much routing of the body, and the main things you would need are the Jaguar pickups, a pickguard, and the Jaguar switches. Maybe around $400-500 investment total, plus time.

Thanks for the replies, I will be patient and see if something comes up in the near future. Appreciate the guidance.

I was fortunate enough to find one, thanks to all for the replies and guidance.

You're an excellent father.

Hey tripmountain67, details? I'm curious.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Richard, I was able to get a red one from Pete V. in CA. Forum member FritzCat had given me a heads up about the time I saw it come up on reverb. It just arrived today and I plan on having a friend who is a musician take a look at it to see what if anything may be required. Near the neck joint the body paint is cracked although Pete assured me this is just cosmetic and common on some of the MIM models. Aside from that it looks pretty good and all the electronics seem to work fine. I am sure she will enjoy it being different from her other guitars.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019 16:33:19

Page 1 of 1