Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Los Apollos - Postcards from the Scrapyard Vol. 1-3 - digitally available now!

Page 1 of 1

Hey folks,
we just released the first in a string of EPs called "Postcards from the Scrapyard", which is available on Spotify, Amazon, iTunes or Apple Music and for FREE streaming on soundcloud.

We have already recorded some songs for the second volume, and written some more to finish the trilogy, once we find time to record again.

Have fun with the songs and let me know, what you think! Yes

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022 04:09:28

I'm going to bump this, just to see what happens. Wink

"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Shortly before the lockdown we recorded the second volume of our EP-trilogy, which we are now happy to release to the public!

The songs are available again through the mayor streaming and downloading platforms as Spotify, Amazon and Apple Music. There are also up on soundcloud for simple and straightforward listening:
https://soundcloud.com/los-apollos/sets/postcards-from-the-scrapyard

Have fun with the new tracks!

Nice sounds! Luftpost reminded me a bit of the song "At Odds With Logic" by Tortoise

Paul

The Dead Planet Surfers

Thanks! I have to agree that the athmosphere is very similar, and actually I listened to the first four Tortoise albums a lot a few years ago, so I would definitely agree that they had some influence on me. I didn't keep up with the newer releases though, and I sincerly doubt, that my band mates even like Tortoise (at least we never talked about them as far as I remember). The original idea behind Luftpost was to write something like a modal jazz waltz (for a surf band), but once I take my inital ideas into the rehearsal room they usually morph into something else pretty quickly.

Yeah, back in the 90s I liked them a lot. TNT was the pinnacle for me and after that album I drifted away from them. I still check in every now and then to hear what they're doing. However I've followed Jeff Parker through the years. I love his guitar playing. Anyways...it was nice to check out your sounds

Paul

The Dead Planet Surfers

Hey everybody,
we finally published the third and installment of our EP series "Postcards from the Scrapyard"! All tracks are now available on the usual streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music (soundcloud will probably follow in a few days). I'll attach links to Youtube playlists for all three parts below for quick and easy access.

Have fun with the tunes!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022 04:18:54

Page 1 of 1