Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
326 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
173 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
152 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
120 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
8 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The 33 lb. Twin Reverb

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

It's digital, but I'm curious to see how these compare. The Deluxe Reverb is only 23 lbs. Our ears will have to wait but our backs already like them!

Fender's Page for the Twin Reverb

Neptune Trojans

They sure gave it an aggressively optimistic name.

I am really curious about this! The only reason I sold my Twin Reverb was because of the weight. Please tell me this gets 80% + of the tone of at least a reissue, and I am sold! Laughing

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Using a high-performance 200-watt digital power amp to achieve the headroom and dynamic range of a real vintage Twin tube amp,

I would be more enthused if they had gone analog, Quilter has already proven how good that can be.

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

I agree - they could have gotten more interest if they went with analog instead of digital. But both have the capacity to replicate those tube amps to a good degree.

What gets me is that they price these amps only a little below their tube-based reissues. This seems quite over-priced given the cheap nature of digital technology, and is probably a ploy to keep from hurting sales of their tube amps. If these amps came kind of close to as good as claimed, they would sell tons if priced in the range of $400. But at just a but below the tube amp range, they are not likely to go anywhere.

They didn't cheap out on all the components, though. The cabs are solid pine and the speakers don't appear to be cheapies but instead Neo complements to the C12-Ks they usually use.

I agree that they're overpriced, though, given that they appear to be imported.

Neptune Trojans

There's a decent demo / comparison between the Tone Master Digital Amps and the real deal tube amps from Anderton's on You Tube.https://youtu.be/NJacQ2CfHwY
Obviously the digital amps are significantly lighter. They also sound scary close (IMO, the Deluxe Reverb does a better job than the Twin clone. My only disappointment, like the previous posters, was that the Tone Masters, while less expensive than the Fender tube reissues, are not that much cheaper.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019 11:17:43

in my humble opinion need to be tested for real ,youtube vids sound always crappy (more over they always mic it then ?),i will wait the outcome and in stores try it , i remember well the sound of my deluxe then if i can't a b the 2 i will normally hear the différence , also the volume you try it count ,at 2 a deluxe is really not inspiring need to be at 3 minimum and it beguin to be loud ,last time i try a new amp in a store was for the new vibroverb and i was really happy to try it before buy it !(it was really disapointing ,quiet less than my deluxe ,and also the sound was not really satisfaing to my taste for an amp for 40 w ,really quiet and miss the good sound of deluxe ,i find it really flat ,but it is my taste )

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019 12:48:22

Sorry, Quilter have been running this race (and successfully) for some time. I'm a convert to them and very unlikely to go back. My back still hurts after several years of schlepping a Twin around...

https://www.facebook.com/lostremoleros/

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019 20:47:36

">> Quilter have been running this race (and successfully) for some time.<<"
I'm somewhat interested in the new Tone Master Twin Reverb, but the cost is a bit offsetting. The new Quilter Tone Block 202 might be more to my liking. I haven't seen anything posted about it on 101, yet. Does anybody have it and, if so, can you give a review? Thanks!

Quilter Mach 2 owner. £33lbs really as much as that! (sneaky grin)

i have a pro block 200 quilter ,and for mor me the good is the portability ,the bad is less reactive than a tube amp and also more bright ,i push the gain at 13 h and the limiter 14 h,i am a little dissapointed by the equalisation (* if someone know to explain the tri cut and hi cut i am interrested ),the tri cut and hi cut that i don't find really how to utilise them ,i try lot of combinaison but not find the one i really want ,i have a standard set up tri cut at 15 h and hi cut to 11 h , i have not find how really set up it ,at rehearsale they said my tube head is more pleasant to hear than the quilter
Quilter is not bad at all ,miss just a little something and have the power for all situation but is if i can bring my head i prefer ,the quilter is the solution when we move and need place in the car
also the master is set beetween 20 w to max 50 w depend of the place (in a bar 20w is reaaly enought )

edith :seems i was wrong with the tri cut ,cause it seems it need to be at 0 for black face , surf setting ,i reread the manual and look at some vids ,i was far cause i set up it to high ,then i will retest it with this in mind

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019 08:23:02

I got to try out a Twin Tone Master and really liked it. Thought I'd share a vid. Sorry about the dodgy focus issues. https://youtu.be/AhUSoAZK1Dw

Dre
Delstroyers Facebook
Delstroyers Bandcamp

That sounds pretty decent IMHO.

Either you surf, or you fight.

Yeah! You make it sound great Dre. I guess it's not a real spring reverb? Without being completely tank drip, it definitely surfs! Plus it's so rare to hear a Twin on volume 10 of course, and it sounds really good

got one a week ago I have to say it's the real deal used last night at a gig and I couldn't be happier with the way it sounds and I have a real 1964 blackface twin that I bought for $200 in 1985 that been my main gigging amp for 35 years but at 85 lb it a bit to much to carry around NYC this amp is perfect at 33 LB and sound just like my 1964 blackface twin and maybe a little better the REV and TREM are excellent

Facebook pages theSupertones
or @ Timothy C Sullivan

85lb. Good God man. I had one in the ninties when I was young, drunk and silly enough to carry it up three flights of stairs in the early hours. I remember the cries

This video isn't me playing, but I did pick up a Tone Master Twin Reverb. I think it's awesome.

Sean

Err, the guitarist in the video just posted that a few messages up. Good stuff though, and it tricked me into watching it again

CaptainSensible wrote:

This video isn't me playing, but I did pick up a Tone Master Twin Reverb. I think it's awesome.

Vince_Ray wrote:

Err, the guitarist in the video just posted that a few messages up. Good stuff though, and it tricked me into watching it again

CaptainSensible wrote:

Doh! Guess I missed that! Wink

Anyway, there's lot of videos online now demonstrating these Tone Masters. They're pricey, but still pretty cool.

Sean

Goto Page: 1 2 Next